2nd Annual C&G Member's Rides Calendar

Flybrian

2nd Annual C&G Member's Rides Calendar
Posted Image

Its that time of year again and we're proud to announce the continuation of another C&G tradition. Please join us in assembling our 2nd Annual Member's Rides Calendar by submitting photos of your vehicle.

Up to Twenty-Four lucky C&G members will have their vehicles featured in a beautiful 8 1/2" x 14" wall calendar available directly from C&G, profits from which go to funding the site. is $9.95 for one calendar or $15.95 for both styles. These prices do include shipping and handling to US and Canadian addresses. All other shipments will be priced accordingly.

To Enter:
Please submit a high-resolution photo of your vehicle to [email protected]. Include the following information:
  • Your full name (if you choose)
  • Your Screen-name
  • Year/Make/Model/Trim (i.e. 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS, 2002 Chevy Camaro SS)
  • Your location (city & state/province/etc)
  • Your vehicle's nickname (if applicable)
  • A short description, comments, or interesting story regarding your vehicle if desired. Remember to keep it clean!
  • Please include in e-mail subject line "C&G PHOTO CONTEST"
You may post different photos in the Member's Rides Forum if you'd like opinions on which photo to submit, but final submissions must be e-mailed!

Rules:
  • Photos must be 1600x1200 or greater
  • Entries must be submitted by 11:59PM on Saturday, December 1, 2007
  • Photos must be of a General Motors product or a product of a General Motors affiliate. See list below.
  • Allowed Vehicle Marques:
    Geo, Saturn, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, SAAB, HUMMER, Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Suzuki.
    P.S. Oaklands, LaSalles, Vikings, and Marquettes are welcome, too, so all sixteen of you...

P.S. Yes, you may submit the same vehicle you submitted last year, as long as the photograph itself is different.

Any Photography Tips?
    In general, whatever you feel makes you car look best. Keep in mind basic lighting rules and lens cap removal, but anything else is up to you. If you want a beautiful city skyline, a grand house, or just an open parking lot as a backdrop, its your choice. Experiment with the angles to make your car look the best and most of all, have fun! Remember, you're free to share as many photos as you'd like, but you may only submit one!

Pre-Ordering
    If you know that you're definitely going to want either or both C&G Member's Rides Calendars this year, you may pre-order today at the above price.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

P.S. Yes, you may submit the same vehicle you submitted last year, as long as the photograph itself is different.

How about... since I never received last year's calendars, and you still haven't cashed my check (hope you still have it), that I get to use the same picture for the new one? :scratchchin:

Will you at least cash the check?

Viper, you've taken a lot of really good pictures of that car, and in most of them you can't tell the top is worn. I think your Cutlass is a great candidate for this year's calendar.

Since my Colorado was featured last year, I am bowing out of this year's submissions even though I have the Sierra now. Time to give some other ppl a chance. I can't wait to see the final pics chosen.

Since my Colorado was featured last year, I am bowing out of this year's submissions

*nods*

I'm kinda in the same place, ocn.... My MCs were featured, so I figure I won't enter this year, even though I have some new pics I could submit....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy" ... Eagles ... 'Take It Easy'

Well, Knightfan, your cars are cool, and it's right there in Fly's original post in red above, you may certainly feel free to enter some new photos, as anyone can. I apologize if my post came across as trying to influence others' decisions. Can we see some pics in "Member's Rides" soon, as a preview?

ocnblu ... no need to apologize, if that was directed at me, anyway. Your post did not influence my decision; I had already more or less thought about that ... and just quoted you as a segue to mention my thoughts as well.

New pics should be available relatively soon....

And, thank you for the compliment, ocn!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Take my way, it's the highway, that's the best" ... John Mayer ... 'Route 66'

How about... since I never received last year's calendars, and you still haven't cashed my check (hope you still have it), that I get to use the same picture for the new one? :scratchchin:

Will you at least cash the check?

I mailed out a cheque for 2 calendars in January too and my cheque was never cashed and I never heard anything about them again, what's up with that? I'm in for at least one this year and maybe I'll take half a dozen if my car makes it in. :AH-HA_wink:

Time to get the Lesabre out. I am definitely going to submit my Lesabre but my Reatta is staying in the garage as the battery is dead. I may try to find a picture of both of them together but otherwise I will take my Lesabre out and get some scenic pictures.

Since my Colorado was featured last year, I am bowing out of this year's submissions even though I have the Sierra now. Time to give some other ppl a chance. I can't wait to see the final pics chosen.

Oh I don't think so mister! You go out there and take a nice shot of that beautiful Sierra of yours and submit it to Fly ASAP. I will not tolerate missing out on your Sierra! :P

I know the perfect place/spot to take a picture of the SKY. It needs a bath and I'm not sure how the weather will be this weekend, but I will definitely try to get a nice shot of the SKY to submit. Even though my SKY was in last year's calendar (with the AURA too), this year I think a solo pic is in order.

I suggest all of us C&Ger's take pics of our ride(s) and then let the membership vote which ones make it into the calendars, assuming there are enough submissions!

Hmmmm....can I slap a Cadillac badge on the Fusion, since I did once have a guy mistake it for a CTS?

Dont think I'll have my Caprice purchased (I've decided on it, just need to get ahold of the dude selling it) and cleaned up in time, but by the time pics are to be submitted for next year it should be good and donked.

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Where is Fly at I have sent him a few pms and an email. Still no response.

I have kidnapped him and am keeping him in the trunk of a Daewoo Leganza that is trying to be sold from the used car section of an undisclosed Mitsubishi dealership. You'll never find him..... in fact.... in all likelihood no one ever will.

WELL THEN......If thats the case can you send me the refund from last years that I never got? lol

I think he is avoiding me at this point, I have sent about 5-6 pm's and Emails.

no word yet!

I have kidnapped him and am keeping him in the trunk of a Daewoo Leganza that is trying to be sold from the used car section of an undisclosed Mitsubishi dealership. You'll never find him..... in fact.... in all likelihood no one ever will.

Did you guys corner him and throw him out of your mod board?

He has not posted for over a month, or may be he is now the mod of a Toy forum.