Photos: Montreal, Quebec City...

I'm a little late doing this, with a lot of personal things going on. However, here are the photos from the fall colors Montreal and Quebec trip. At the end, you'll see pictures of "I Hope GM Rules Again's" mint condition 1977 Cutlass Supreme which I got to see. Hope you enjoy them.

Montreal:

City skyline taken from Ile Ste-Helene

Posted Image

The Customs House

Posted Image

Looking back at the city from the waterfront

Posted Image

Pont Jacques Cartier

Posted Image

Port Clock Tower

Posted Image

The Old Town (Customs House again)

Posted Image

City Hall

Posted Image

Olympic Stadium and Inclined Tower

Posted Image

"The" post card view from Parc Mont-Royal terrace and chalet

Posted Image

Some kind of Smart promo in Complex Desjardins...saw quite a few Smarts around the area, actually

Posted Image

Steve's (I Hope GM Rules Again) 1977 Cutlass Supreme coupe

Steve of the site bought his mint condition 1977 Cutlass Supreme in Virginia and brought it back to Canada. We once had a 1976 Cutlass Supreme in the family. He was actually able to locate that brochure for me which I no longer had. He said that, if I ever came to the area, to give him a shout, so I did. We took the car from St. Joseph's Oratory through Mont-Royal into the Plateau neighborhood and down into downtown, where we had something to drink right in front of where the Montreal Jazz Festival takes place in July. (I looked like an idiot when trying to order a Canadian beer, being as I don't drink that much American beer to begin with). Then took it on 720, the AutoRoute Ville Marie, onto the 15(Decarie Expwy) back to the Oratory.

The car is in near-perfect condition. Steve said he will fix the minor items as a hobby. It was like memory lane sitting behind that imposing and kind of tall hood, with the hood ornament and the windsplit molding. It was amazing that they budgeted for changes every year...in the color of the seats, in slight modifications of the instrument panel and positions of things, in the rear taillamps and in the segmentation of the front grille.

It was great to meet up with "I Hope GM Rules Again." This was the third member of C&G I have met. I hope his car brings him a lot of happiness and he is a very proud owner. It would be fun to dig up a 1975 Cutlass Salon coupe in Persimmon metallic, a white landau, beige cloth bucket seats and rallye wheels....I'll have to keep dreaming.

Cutlass Supreme in front of St. Joseph Oratory...third largest domed structure in the world, I believe.

Posted Image

A close-up of the near-perfect car.

Posted Image

Edited by trinacriabob

CONTINUED

Quebec City and the QM2 here on October 4 for her Fall Colors cruise from NYC

Parliament house and fountain

Posted Image

Outside of the city

Posted Image

The beautiful QM2 leaving in the evening...I actually also came up on Sept 29 to photograph QE2 in port but that was with my 35mm because my digital camera had given out. Incidentally, QE2 bows out next year as she will become a floating hotel/restaurant in Dubai. This is kind of sad as she has served for almost 40 years and is easily the world's most beloved liner.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Illustration I did for my arch. school portfolio admission process:

This is obviously dated because they would never build a ship without an absolute maximization of outside cabins at the upper decks....so it's sort of hybrid between the older ships and the newer ships. Drawn in the early 1990s.

Posted Image

Edited by trinacriabob

Bob, you were too kind in your description of my car. Your photos of the city came out very nice. The one of the Cutlass in front of the oratory would be a good candidate to submit for the 2008 C&G calendar if there wasn't so many friggin foreign cars in the background.

I won't tell anybody what kind of car you got stuck with for a rental. :AH-HA_wink:

Take care