CRASH!

ocnblu

Yeah uh huh so we closed early at work today. When I got home and came in from the garage downstairs, I heard a snapping and cracking, and it felt cool in the downstairs family room.

Apparently, someone shot out my sliding door glass. Pieces were still slowly falling out onto the floor. Glass was thrown clear across the room, and there was a hole about 1.5 inches across where the projectile came through.

The door was still locked, nothing is missing, so I don't believe it was an attempted break-in. Small game season is in right now... so I'm thinking it was some idiot with a gun... or it could have been kids being little a-holes, too.

My homeowner's insurance company should be getting back to me... MAYBE MONDAY, with coverage info. In the meantime, the chick who took my information says I can do whatever necessary to secure my property.

The goodlooking young police officer actually offered to stop by a local glass shop and call me back with some 411. Turns out I would have to take the door off myself, take it to them and wait like 2 weeks before I'd get it back.

I stopped by Home Depot, told them I had kind of an emergency. They were unimpressed, and said patio doors are a special-order item, and it would take 4 weeks just to get the door, God knows when it could be installed.

So I have some heavy-duty Collision Wrap on my door. What a way to start the Thanksgiving weekend, blah. <_<

Sorry to hear about your misfortune 'blu. I hope that it gets taken care of quicker than the length of time you've been led to believe. Don't let something like this get you down, though. There's always some crap going around, just concentrate on what you're thankful for. :P

I'm glad it wasn't your truck, which from the title I thought it was.

Thank God that it was not the GMT900.

I for sure thought you were going to say here that your Sierra was damaged. While the glass door being broken is not much better, I must say I'm relieved that the truck is okay. Good luck getting the door fixed and don't let this ruin your Thanksgiving. Maybe meeting the officer was a blessing in disguise?!?! :scratchchin:

Sorry to hear this ocn....that really sucks, hop eyou odnt catch a cold from the draft...if there is one through the covering you put up...but if it was a bullet, at least you werent home at the time, you could have been shot :o Well happy Thanksgivng anyway and hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. I think I'm going to be filling up my little Shop Vac a few times with glass as soon as it gets daylight here. I didn't sleep much overnight. The broken glass was thrown far... but if there is no bullet found, that hole makes me think "hammer", which changes everything. The fact that although the entire glass was shattered, but a large majority of it was still hanging in the frame when I found it, also presents the possibility that it happened very recently before I got home... perhaps the sound of the truck and the opening garage door startled a vandal or potential burglar. Yeah, I'm stressing, and I really don't need it.

WTF!? What if someone had been home, (downstairs)? That's a pretty serious offense,

discharging a firearm into someone's house? I'm a HUGE 2-nd amendment proponent

but stuff like this should come with a stiff penalty. Not that a brick thrown at a glass

door or person is harmless but discharging a firearm into a occupied house? That

should be at least a 1-6 month jail sentance.

Sorry to hear about this O.B.