Damn G&C Cruse!

daves87rs

especially when they just back into you... :rolleyes:

One quick gift at Best Buy..and then I headed to the car...

It was a crappy, cold, snowy, windy night.

Got to watch an older Ram pickup back up, right into a few cars....One sadly, was mine. :(

Once he realized he smashed a few cars, he took off...right at me! (and a few other people!)

We all had to drive out of harm's way....at least everyone was ok..(snow covered though..)..

Stupid truck didn't even have a plate on it....

Poor Balt has only been with me for a few days..good news (if you can call it that) is that it just cracked the front facsia (sp) underneath the front pass. headlight....

I might just buy the facsia and just get it painted...After someone tried to take the wife's car out- I really don't want to see my insurance go up...

Though I'm not sure how much the facsia for an 06 Balt would be...150-200 bucks maybe....Can someone help me out on that one?

So, the freshly up-for-sale Wagon might stick around for a few more days......

I think I need to hide my cars.... :(

I hate that, when ppl take off knowing they hit somebody. I hear it from customers once in a while, they end up having to use their own insurance to pay for damages to their car they didn't do.

On the bumper thing, in my experience, a junkyard will want to sell you the entire bumper assembly for much more than $200... the fascia, absorber and impact bar, unless maybe you can go to one of those "pick your own" places. Nos has an idea with car-part.com, too. I've used them before at work on rare occasions.

Also, depending on the severity of the crack, it may be repairable. Good luck getting her fixed, dave.

I am so sorry... I hope you can get your vehicle repaired. That is really sad people are that crude and do not care. He would care of someone mashed up his truck or he did not have it to drive. Do not worry, he will get his. It will be at a time when he is not expecting it, and will wonder why him...

I hate that, when ppl take off knowing they hit somebody. I hear it from customers once in a while, they end up having to use their own insurance to pay for damages to their car they didn't do.

On the bumper thing, in my experience, a junkyard will want to sell you the entire bumper assembly for much more than $200... the fascia, absorber and impact bar, unless maybe you can go to one of those "pick your own" places. Nos has an idea with car-part.com, too. I've used them before at work on rare occasions.

Also, depending on the severity of the crack, it may be repairable. Good luck getting her fixed, dave.

Thanks.

It's a pretty good sized crack, and being right under the headlight, not sure it might be fixed...

I'm glad that it was just the Fascia...and the car-part.com thing sounds like a good idea....

Well dave, you have to take the bumper cover off to get to the underside and the top side. Maybe you could post a pic or two if you get a chance?

If the crack can be repaired... maybe you can take it to a vo-tech school, they might be able to fix it for free just for the experience... I am just thinking out loud.

Well dave, you have to take the bumper cover off to get to the underside and the top side. Maybe you could post a pic or two if you get a chance?

If the crack can be repaired... maybe you can take it to a vo-tech school, they might be able to fix it for free just for the experience... I am just thinking out loud.

I haven't taken it off yet...plan to in the next few days...

I'm waiting for my camera back....

But, the crack is just below the inside point of the pass. headlight, and it runs about 5-6 inches down the cover. It actaully moved the fascia up a bit on that side-it looks like it took the brunt of the blow, which explains why everything else seems ok...though I'll know for sure when we pull it off.

I've been driving it around..and it seems to be doing ok......

Sorry Dave. I have entirely too much experience with hit and runs. Happened 3 times to the Impala. Caught one of the jerks thankfully, and I hope you do too.

I hope so.

This is the second someone has hit one of our cars while parked.

Sad part is, I parked it far away, where I though it would be safe. :(