Cars.com: 'Bu v. Accord v. Camry

Linky

Though the Malibu comes in 1st in best overall value it comes in second to the Accord in final pick, but look at all the praise for the Malibu and how they trash the Camry!

On the interior:

Malibu: Nothing tops the Malibu's crazy, two-tone, arching dashboard. It's one of the most intriguing looks we've seen in a mainstream sedan in some time.

Accord: It's all very Acura-like in the Accord in terms of material quality and fit and finish, but if you're looking for pizzazz, the Malibu's hoarding it all

On exterior style:

The Camry's style factor improved with this latest model thanks to a more daring shape,but it's no Malibu.

On drive train:

The Malibu's four-cylinder falls between the other two in terms of horsepower. The four-speed automatic performed remarkably well compared to the five-speeds in the Accord and Camry

Accord: Being an EX, our car had the more potent of the model line's two four-cylinders. It delivers suitable performance, and the only time we wanted the V-6 was during high-speed passing. Automatic transmission upshifts can be a bit jerky, though.

Toyota delivers a very smooth transmission with the four-cylinder Camry, but you'll find yourself wanting additional power here more often than you will in the other two.

They need to test again when the 6-speed/4-cylinder combo comes out. No mention of it in the article but a big smiley_nono.gif to Chevy for not having that at release.

Overall:

Toyota finds itself in a tough spot with competition not just from these two, but from Nissan and Hyundai as well. 2008 could be the year the Camry gives up its best-seller crown.

Until the Malibu can top the Accord in handling, power, cabin space and interior material quality, it's going to be a contender but not a champ. That it holds its own with the Camry is a win in itself.

It seems all the magazines are putting the Bu right up at the top and swapping the camry and accord for 1st. To me this says they just are not ready to write an article with an American car being #1. As a very strong #2 in every article, I think the general public will take notice.

It seems all the magazines are putting the Bu right up at the top and swapping the camry and accord for 1st. To me this says they just are not ready to write an article with an American car being #1. As a very strong #2 in every article, I think the general public will take notice.

Well someone needs to grow some balls and do it!! Last time I checked this still is America, and since when are we scared of being American?!! This country gets better and better everyday, fear is becoming an overwhelming factor...sad really.

Edited by RJB

With all of these reviews now coming in, I hope that Chevrolet will take what criticism is given with the new Malibu and invest in small changes to continuously improve on an already great car. Style is one thing, but substance goes much farther during the drive.