Top 20 Selling Cars - Sept 2005

Taurus #17? They still make that shitbox? I thought it was getting phazed out about now wiht the new 500 on sale for over a year already.

Taurus #17? They still make that shitbox? I thought it was getting phazed out about now wiht the new 500 on sale for over a year already.

[post="30015"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Fleets. Ford = fleet for at least half its lineup. Imagine a world without Ford sedans - what would people use to read electric meters or drive to the airport with?

Fleets. Ford = fleet for at least half its lineup. Imagine a world without Ford sedans - what would people use to read electric meters or drive to the airport with?

[post="30017"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Chevy Caprice Classics, Buick LeSabres & Pontiac Grand Ams.

On second thought better make that Impala, Lacrosse & G6. <_<

On second thought better make that Impala, Lacrosse & G6.  <_<

[post="30024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um...my point was there are a disproportionately high number of Tauruses going to fleets, especially those sold now, which are predominately for fleets...

I know, but since it's a GM forum I could resist. It was a perfect setup. :)

Looks like the Silverado/Sierra combo outdid the F-series in 2005! :) 2004 Silverado / Sierra - 687,846 F Series - 697,938 2005 Silverado / Sierra - 757,649 F Series - 694,690 That is a difference of 69803 trucks for GM over 2004! Edited by Cremazie

Don't forget the Toyota Corolla numbers include the Matrix. Automotive news currently estimates that 77,163 Matrixes have been sold in 2005. That brings the ACTUAL Corolla sales to 188,263, to a TENTH (not SIXTH) place. Also the Camry sales have the Solara sales added in. Auto News does not separate the sales. Toyota is shady in everything they do.

GM should take a page out of Toyota's book and count all W-body sales together, all GMT-800 trucks together, all the SUVs together, etc.  Then we'll see who has the best selling car, truck, etc.

[post="30584"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well if nothing else at least count Monte Carlo and Impala as one like Toyota does with the Camry and Camry Solara.

The Matrix is technically the Corolla Matrix, no?

Toyota doesn't add up sales from other brands though. You don't see ES330 sales listed in with the Camry. So I don't think it'd fly listing LaCross or GrandPrix sales with the Impala.

Toyota doesn't add up sales from other brands though. You don't see ES330 sales listed in with the Camry. So I don't think it'd fly listing LaCross or GrandPrix sales with the Impala.

[post="30612"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Good point. GM should do it anyways just because it would show that GM has the best selling midsize car, they just offer it with several sheetmetal and interior options.

These charts are very enlightening and depressing to view. The same chart from 25 years ago would be full of American name plates only. When the top selling car only rises to 336,000 units you know you are in a fragmented market.

Well if nothing else at least count Monte Carlo and Impala as one like Toyota does with the Camry and Camry Solara.

The Matrix is technically the Corolla Matrix, no?

That wouldn't make sense..the Solara is branded as the Camry Solara; the Monte Carlo is not the Impala Monte Carlo...(they are platform mates, but have separate brand identitites). Edited by moltar

It is great to see the Cobalt do so well in the first year. I wonder if it's ranking had more to do with the number they made than the number that would have been bought. GM should take a page from the toyota book and name cars like the HHR, the Cobalt HHR. They don't have to use the Cobalt name in advertising or on the car like the solara, just for the counting side.

• 2 weeks later...

On second thought better make that Impala, Lacrosse & G6.  <_<

[post="30024"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:( :angry: I drive a 1990 Caprice Classic so i just have a plain box rental car. :(