Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

It Got Me

Well boys and girls, I always hoped and prayed it wouldn't get me, but dammit, it got me. Two nights ago I was coming home from getting gas. I had the green light at an intersection and out of nowhere comes a 2000 or newer Chevy, or possibly GMC Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe (couldn't really tell, I was too busy trying to avoid playing bumper cars) across my front end, well I slam on the binders and start aiming for the rear of the truck hoping that I would be able to clear it and just swerve. No such luck, crunch, crash, sounds of collision ensue. Anyway to make the story even worse, after we hit, the other person just slows down for a second, then continues to drive on. Police are called, accident reports are filled out. Now I've got to take it to the body shop and get an estimate then go buy my insurance company and let them scour over it. But here are a few pictures of the damage. To me looks like I'm going to need a new passenger's side fender, a new bumper cover, new passenger's side headlight bucket, all required bracketry that holds the headlight in place, and a hood and a grille, but I'll let you guys look and see if there's anything I missed.

post-810-1197682142_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682167_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682180_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682202_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682216_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682240_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682255_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682267_thumb.jpg

post-810-1197682275_thumb.jpg

Ack 76, these C&G accidents are like mushrooms after a rainstorm, they're everywhere. Seems like you have the list of repairs covered pretty good. The Impalas have a bracket welded into the fender that, once it gets mangled, you may as well throw the fender away. There is also a fiberglass grille support there that looks like it's cracked. The Impalas are strong cars, though, she'll be good as new.

Good luck finding the dope.

Aye, 76CT ... sorry about that accident ... especially since it was a hit'n'run. I've experienced a few of those myself :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"It's coming on Christmas" ... Robert Downey Jr ... 'River'

Yeah, the girlle support is going to need to be replaced, along with the hood, the headlight assembly, the bumper cover, odds and ends here and there and the fender can be straightened, its not too bad thankfully. All in all, $2,803 and spare change in damage. Just waiting on the insurance company to get in touch with me about the check for the body shop since I've got an estimate and all. I'm going to be calling the PD about their search for the vehicle at fault....doubt it'll get found though.

Right now things are working out fine. I've got the check from my insurance company, I'm just waiting on the holidays to get over with so that I can get my car into the body shop. What'll probably happen is that I'll call the body shop on Monday, tell him to order the needed parts, then he'll call me once they're in and it'll be about a week turn around and she'll be back and all in one piece.