WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

regfootball

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/gunsnroses.s...r.2.610016.html

ROXBURY, Conn. (AP) ―

A school custodian's impromptu after-hours karaoke performance prompted a police response when a teacher thought she was being threatened over the loudspeaker.

State police say a teacher at Booth Free School barricaded herself inside a classroom Wednesday when she mistook someone singing a Guns N' Roses song over the public address system for a threat.

She was working after hours and thought no one else was in the building. Then she heard someone say over the loudspeaker that she was going to die.

Six troopers and three police dogs showed up and found three teenagers, one of them a custodian at the school, who had been playing with the public address system.

Police say one of them sang "Welcome to the Jungle" into the microphone. The song contains the lyrics "You're in the jungle baby; you're gonna die."

The teenagers were cuffed on the ground for about 15 minutes while police investigated. They were released after being questioned and state police Sgt. Brian Ness said they did not realize the teacher was in the school and will not face charges.

"These things happen," Van Ness said. "Luckily it was humorous. You kind of have a gut feeling. As soon as we got there, we spoke to the three kids. They understood."

Edited by regfootball

Let me see ......

We've had mall shootings and church shooting this past week. We've had several school shootings in the past few years and school closings this past week, due to bomb threats.

I don't feel that this teacher is either dumb or lacks intelligence. She thought she was alone in the school ... think about it.

Some people need to look in a mirror, what would they do in the same circumstance?

Let me see ......

We've had mall shootings and church shooting this past week. We've had several school shootings in the past few years and school closings this past week, due to bomb threats.

I don't feel that this teacher is either dumb or lacks intelligence. She thought she was alone in the school ... think about it.

Some people need to look in a mirror, what would they do in the same circumstance?

For real.

Let me see ......

Well.... I would either:

1) Rock my ass off to one of the FEW GnR songs that I'll admit to liking.

2) Laugh and go about my business.

3) Head immediately to the office to "take care" of the problem.

SERIOUSLY, she KNEW where the person APPARENTLY telling her she's 'gonna die' was. Anyone with half a brain knows that's mistake number one on the part of the attacker if you're really trying to attack someone. That's like standing at a crosswalk and holding a gun while your would be robbery victim walks up to you.

Not to mention, it's a LARGE PUBLIC BUILDING. It's safe to assume that you're never alone as support staff or other staff members are always there doing something.

I can understand that the lady might've been a little scared or freaked out at first. But the simple fact that she didn't have enough common sense to deduce the above, or most of all that these are some of the most well known lyrics of probably the biggest band of the late 80's, tells me that maybe she shouldn't be teaching.

As far as the kids and their guns/shootings... I predicted this 2-3 years ago when our pop culture went from trash to trash that all of the sudden has an affinity for guns. (With all of the 'gangsta rap' and media portraying guns as a source to solve all of our problems, but that's a different argument entirely.)

Suffice it to say, it's a sad time when a young persons day consists getting in the car and listening to music that involves constant references to guns only to arrive at a mall to shop at 'urban' outlets featuring clothing lines with pictures of guns and slogans involving the use of guns. Then, said young person goes to see a "PG-13" movie that glorifies the use of guns and afterwards arrives back home in time to see his favorite rapper video in with his idol is waiving guns around. Or better yet spends the rest of the night vegetating in front of a 'sniper' game. Is my version simplified? Sure, but you get the picture and I only think it'll get worse now that 'being hard' is cool and being in a gang is the new trend (Gang membership is quickly trending up for the first time since the 80's)

And keep in mind, this opinion is coming from a person who is no stranger to pleasure from darkness. My favorite film is Sin City and my favorite song deals with the death of the world. However, enough is enough and unhealthy amounts of exposure is just that; unhealthy.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM