Back to Pontiac

Last month the family 2000 Honda Civic LX was totaled in an accident. After surviving a month of Caliber ownership (our rental car from hell) yesterday we picked up a brand new 2007 Pontiac G6 with the 3.5L V6, chrome apperance pkg, perfered pkg, and sport pkg. Ours is a black 4 dr, 4 spd auto and "ebony" cloth interior. We were also able to take advantage of $2500 cash back and an addition $500 conquest cash since the car we were replacing was a Honda. With 3 Oldsmobiles, a Buick, and now a Pontiac our driveway looks like a GM used car lot.

I have to take pictures of it still, but its really a looker. Pontiac/GM needs to let more people know about not only the great product they have, but the incentives that they are giving out. I didn't know about the $500 for leaving the competition until we sat down and talked price. For the record, the competion car needs to be 2000 or newer (ours was a 2000). As far as the salesman, he was very low pressure and let us take our time to shop the lot. Anyone in CT should check out Milford Buick-Pontiac-GMC as they have loads of 2007's on the lot that need to go.

Congrats on the G6 purchase! I'm glad your family was happy with the overall purchase experience.

My parents were looking at the Civic sedan in the summer of 2006 to replace my dad's problematic 2002 Sunfire SE coupe. After an unhappy test drive and dealership experience at a Honda dealership, I suggested that they look into the G6 (dad still liked his coupes, my mom wanted a 4-door for all the grandkids). They both fell in love with the G6 upon their first test drive, and the MSRP and features you got at that price (compared to the Civics they were looking at) sold them. They ended up with a 2006 G6 V6 sedan in August of 2006 and my dad still loves the car very much to this day. I know that your family will be just as happy with theirs.

Here's to many trouble-free miles with their new Pontiac! :thumbsup:

Though I am going to replace mine soon, I also happened to have the same car. Well, though the name is different since mine is an older model that was replaced by G6. The Grandam. Though I had an accident with it(I had nowhere to go, the girl in front of me hit the girl in front of her, in a 3 way accident, in a very busy highway), it's still running like new even though it is now an 8 year old car with 81,000 miles on it. I had ABSOLUTELY NO problems whatsoever, though it needs the transmission gasket to be replaced soon. I LOVE Pontiacs. Though after 2008 model year, I may have to walk out since they are killing all the good North American made models with less than stellar looking imports and screwing up Pontiac. Shame but.

Good luck with your new G6, my fellow Pontiac owner. :P I think the G6 is the most popular model like Grandam was, since every dealer I go to, they have more G6 than any other models. The largest dealer I went to, actually had a whole lot filled with G6, around 20 or 30 of them :blink: . I couldn't even find any other models there, until I asked the salesperson who led us on the back where there were even more G6s and a few Torrents, Solstice, and only 2 Grand Prixs, which were both GXP that isn't the model I am shopping for.

Many enjoyable, troublefree miles for you, fellow Pontiac Lover. :)

It wasn't too hard to get my dad to check out Pontiac, he had a 1956 Star Chief, 1962 StarChief,1964 Catalina, 1967 Grand Prix,1 968 Catalina,1 978Grand Prix, and a 1987 Grand Am. I can't knock that Honda because it was a very good car to use, but when it came time to replace it, my dad missed the "feel" of a Pontiac. We looked at a few G6s as well as the G5 GT but when we saw this black one with the chrome upper/lower grille it was love at first sight. For what we would have paid for another Civic we got a G6.