Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
balthazar

Girl follows NAV onto train track, nearly killed

10 posts in this topic

reminds me of the office episode where the boss drives into a pond because the nav told him too.

....seriously, when will people think for themselves

Errr, no this is nothing like that. This is more like driving into the harbor because you failed to realize you had to wait for the ferry. You can't really blame the NAV for that.

reminds me of the office episode where the boss drives into a pond because the nav told him too.

that episode was a riot.

Granted she must've been stupid not to notice a railroad, but if it wasn't even marked on the gate that it was a railroad crossing, i don't think you can really blame the nav or, to a much lesser extent, her. I've seen people do much stupider stuff, she just didn't get away with it like most people do.

Safety and convenience innovations do not replace good common sense and proper driving skills.

that episode was a riot.

:thumbsup:

NO DWIGHT, WE MUST LISTEN TO THE MACHINE... THE MACHINE IS TELLING ME TO MAKE A RIGHT!

Hah, well... Even the most useful features don't overcome stupidity.

No, but we are breeding a nation of idiots who can't think for themselves. Technology must do everything for them. I have read so many SF books that cover this nightmare scenario where we cocoon into technology and don't interact with our environment at all. Whether it is cell phone use, nav systems, remote controls for our remote controls, or whatever - we are being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

How many under 30 year olds can even do multiplication tables in their heads any more? I hated my grade 5 math teacher (1972), but he threw multiplication tables on our desks at least once a week and we were timed to complete it. I'd kiss the man if I met him now...er, maybe not. :unsure:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0