Camaro vs. The Competition

NOS2006

You know, as much as I REALLY want to love it, I'm just not digging the Camaro's interior. I know that they wanted to push the evelope with it - but to my eyes, it's just bizarre looking.

Sorry, hope no one here has an infantile meltdown, because I said that. I've had enough of those for one week.

Mustang is unquestionably the worst of the three. It's a tossup between Camaro and Challenger. Both have elements that I like and that I wish could be better.

I just hope that's not the Camaro's production shifter. I always liked the automatic shifter in the Mustang.

So far I'm liking the Camaro's interior the best, I really like how they pushed the envelope and even are using integrated controls. The Challenger's glock shifter is push badass though. 8)

Yup, the Camaro's interior isn't good at all IMO. It's borderline terrible.

Modern exterior with weirdo designed retro interior? What kind of a matchup is that? Let's toss the 69 dash cluster shape in there.... WHY?

Materials used won't matter, it's something that needs addressing if it's gonna be a "plus" as far as sales go.

Mustang will have a new interior within 2 months of Camaro going on sale.

Expect new F150/Flex/Focus switchgear as well as the new SONY system (and faceplate): http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...c=22355&hl=

Also expect SYNC and the new Next-gen Navigation.

Finally, as with all recent Ford releases - expect vastly improved material quality.

Igor

Edited by Igor2

i do like the pleats in the mustang seats, in black they look damn retro....

while i would get it with a stick, i still wish the auto in the camaro had a horseshoe shifter... :(

Wouldn't work with a manumatic setup, which is (inexplicably) all the rage these days. So that was probably out from the beginning.

Though any Camaro I buy is going to have three pedals by default, I would have liked something more Hurst- or B&M-style for the automatic.