New Ride

Well, don't hate me, I'll foever be a GM girl, but last night I traded the Avalanche for an '08 350z Touring. I don't have any pics yet, I'll post them soon. They are delivering it to me today, after the tint, detail, etc. I'm so excited, I needed a toy. I was going to buy an old Cutlass and build her, but this is way easier, and sexy as hell!! :ohyeah:

Well, for $34,000 (or whatever) I'd much rather have a 99% MINT

'68-'71 Cultass two-door hardtop, AND save on insurance/taxes.

:spin: but the Datsun 350Z is quite cool... for a MODERN car.

It's RWD and has interesting styling & a timing CHAIN so it's already

1,000,000,000,000,000 times cooler than any Toyota.

Ok here's a few pics I took this morning. It's in the garage. I'll try to take some outside today, it's finally supposed to be nice. 70 this afternoon, then 30 tomorrow. Gotta love Oklahoma's crazy ass weather.

015.jpg

013.jpg

012-1.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Where's the image resize feature? Those pictures are huge and I'm on a 1440x900 screen! :P

She looks good though, if you wanna take indoor pictures that come out reasonably well I suggest mounting the camera on a tribod or steady surface, if your camera is good enough turn the ISO down to get rid of the grain, and keep the flash off with a longer exposure. Makes for better photos in low light. Of course if your camera is like mine, and a piece of old crap, none of that, besides steadying the camera will do much good. :lol:

Okay, not much of a Nissan guy but I am in lust over that thing. Should be about a billion times better than the Avalanche.

And yes, 68, I could see owning a 68-72 Cutlass 2 dr HARDTOP (hold the B pillar, please). Although a local car show, IIRC had a W-30 olds (70 IIRC) that had the post and was still a cool car.

Have fun with the new ride, GMPARTSGIRL

Chris

Leave her alone, Borger. When given a choice between a red blooded, RWD sports car and an Asstra, it was a no-brainer! Take this as a preview of what will happen if Pontiac gets shut down... if Carl-Peter gets his way in GMNA... people WILL shop elsewhere for cars that light their fire... plain and simple. Edited by ocnblu

What it really comes to I think is that I'm immersed in GM's world all day everyday, dealing with their bull$h! and looking at nothing but GM cars and trucks. We have a few technicians who refuse to own GM just because they work on them all day long, they want to get in something completely different at the end of the day. GM puts food on my table, but GM cars I'm sorry to say, have terrible resale, as well as all domestic cars, trucks are generally better. Also, despite having purchased about 7 cars from my employer, when it comes time for service work, we as employees don't get the same treatment as a regular customer. I want to be treated like a real customer, I want my ass kissed for awhile. So, I went outside of GM. Unfortunately around here and at work, a large percentage of the people I hang with are jumping ship and all going to Nissan. They have incredible style, a fair amount of horsepower for what they are and they hold their value. Nissan's biggest downfall compared to their import competitors is fuel mileage. None of them are great, especially their trucks. I will always be a GM girl. I love GM cars and would only own a GM truck, but it's fun for once to step outside the box and dabble in the import market. I still work for a GM dealer and sell GM parts all day.

Great looking Z. A co-worker just bought an orange Z. They are a great value for the money. I had another co-worker with a white 2005 Z he was selling. If it was a 2006 model, with the updates, I may have gone for it.

Thanks! I couldn't be happier. It's everything I hoped it would be, and yes for the money, a great buy. Very impressive power, braking, handling and trim for the money. There isn't much out there this sporty and fun for this money. I do wish it had some kind of backseat, I didn't want to spend the extra $5K for the G37 to have the backseat, and honestly I like the look of this better than G.

Something new for you Bill, isn't it? Actually taking up for a woman! :rotflmao: I'm proud of ya son! :AH-HA_wink:

That was low and uncalled or. :nono:

Also, if GM actually built a coupe in the price bracket, like teh Coupe 60, she would actually have an option in the GM brand. There's nothing else. FWD POS W-Bodies don't count.

Don't know why anyone needs to be "all GM." Most of the cars that I have owned have been GM, however I have owned a few non-GM cars that I have loved.

Like DF said, it would be awesomely cool if say the Cutlass was still in production (or the Regal or RWD Monte) and then she had a choice.

Chris

Don't know why anyone needs to be "all GM." Most of the cars that I have owned have been GM, however I have owned a few non-GM cars that I have loved.

Precisely! You can still be a huge fan, but that doesn't mean it's all you can or ever will buy.

Coming from an Avalanche, WOW, what a cool move! Always loved the Z, and TOTALLY understand wanting something different and to be a 100% customer elsewhere for once. Always wondered on the thoughts of a lot of sales and service people in that regard.

Here's to many fine miles of :D and continued many great years with the GM dealer :AH-HA_wink:

Thanks and yes many of us want to drive something other than that which we face every day. It's just like a lot or most of the techs I know don't want to work on cars on their free time, one of the main reasons we have kind of given up at least for now on the older cars. He would rather make payments and have new stuff and not have to worry about it anymore. I figured I'd catch a little flack for not having a GM anymore, but hey just wanted to step out of the box for awhile. Besides like many of have said, we just don't have much to choose from in the class of my Z. I wish we did, but even then, I wish GM cars held their value a little better, it isn't fair. GM builds great cars, just as good as anybody else, and all cars have gotten SOOOO much more reliable and are of a higher quality, at least that's what I think. Not trying to piss off all the older car lovers, I love them too, but coming from the perspective of somebody in the business who sees the behind the scenes, and from techs I know who have been in the business on the dealership end for upwards of 40 years, that's the story I get and see. And you know, we started finally buying new cars in 2001, stll had a few Cutty's after that but I haven't kept a car for more than 3 years since. Just playin around, seeing what's out there. It's an expensive obsession, but I get bored easy now. Probably trade the Z in a year or two knowing me. If I don't stop this $h! my car payments will be more than my house payment.