My Way or the Highway at Hyundai

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/conte...75048450463.htm

The Korean carmaker and its Kia subsidiary are trying to move upscale in the U.S.—but culture clashes, management turmoil, and strategic discord are making for a bumpy ride
Well, I wouldn't want to give my all to pad the pockets of unappreciative management sucking the $$$$ out of our economy with no gratitude.

why loathe our own, and try to make it work for the interest of other countries. not understanding this.

especially if the boss was a byunghole. get it? LOL. right Ian BEAVIS? byungholio!

In America, the two companies often establish sales targets based on what their auto plants can produce—a persistent source of tension with local managers. Several past executives say that Hyundai and Kia have set unhealthily aggressive sales goals that are causing inventory to pile up. Hyundai has about 32,000 Sonata sedans parked in lots around its Montgomery (Ala.) plant with no orders from dealers. "The production-oriented style of pushing all the time won't work anymore," says Kim Ki Chan, professor of auto economics at Catholic University of Korea.

i would totally say f-u to some of what i was reading in the article. a real eye opener, that kia doesn't get it. they compete based on low cost to produce. so they need to get that.

Edited by regfootball

it's a great deterrent to wanting to buy their stuff.

free cooperative equal business trade is justifiable. all these guys want to do is come on our soil, dictate the terms, steal out tax money, use our employees, throw them away, and leave with our money.

Edited by regfootball

Hopefully this arrogance will run the company into the ground/

Look no further than Toyota for what result that any sort arrogance and/or a "total domination" mentality brings you. The only difference is that Hyundai will come crashing down much quicker than Toyota will; they don't have the millions of brainwashed morons who buy their products repeatedly.

The US company I work for just got purchased by Koreans. I hope these guys don't have the same philosophy. Being a proponent of buy american, I'm already struggling with it.

Start looking for another job.

The Koreans will grind you into the ground.....just like they did at Kia. There is no employee motivation or morale with them. It's all about threatening you with your job. That's how they like to motivate you.

The only reason so many people in various positions still work for Kia (and Hyundai) is that they do pay extremely well. When I went from GM to Kia, I got a HUGE pay increase for doing basically the same job. I lasted 11 months...not even a year. I quit because it was such a bad work environment.

Look no further than Toyota for what result that any sort arrogance and/or a "total domination" mentality brings you. The only difference is that Hyundai will come crashing down much quicker than Toyota will; they don't have the millions of brainwashed morons who buy their products repeatedly.

In my experience working for them, the Japanese are FAR less arrogant than the Koreans.

It's a totally different business culture.

I would agree with OC on this one.

:wub: Awwww Reg.....friends here....enemies in that "other" thread....

(j/k)

Seriously.....I took the Kia job after GM because.....first of all, I wanted to stay in SoCal......they offered me a BOAT-load of money.......and I thought...."hey".....this might be the next BIG thing....! And how fun would it be to be a part of that?

Well, the Koreans WERE the next "big" thing.....look where they are now compared to when I was there (just the Sportage and Sephia)......but it's certainly not "fun" to be a part of it.....