The next evolution of drag racing

While watching a new show on speed called pass time (which is very good) i have been introduced to a new form of drag racing. There have been a few electric cars come on the show. One was an electric powered s10 and the other was a pro comp rail style dragster with no less than 450 batteries and an electric motor that was the equivalent of 31 ci. Now being the big fan of big block power houses i am i totally underestimated these cars even though i am aware of an electric car on tv that i saw called "white Zombie" which consistently runs 11.5's. the pro comp style electric drag car ran if i recall correctly right at 9 maybe an 8.80. low and behold here are a few clips from youtube.

this motorcycle is touted in another video to use only 10 cents of electricity per pass and is able to make 8 passes on a single charge. its called the killacycle and has a wiki page here and there is an official page link there was well.

the second is a dragster called the current eliminator dont have any info but

i understand that the biggest advantage of this is that electric motors produce 100% torque instantly.

how would this reshape the sport? i can definately see it stopping al and the eco warriors but how well would this be received?

btw just found another vid and it gives some Volt love too

Edited by cletus8269

id rather have a big 8-71 blowing huffing into a 532 big block burning that sweet smell of 110 octance race gas :wub:

screw electric drags..... even if theyre fast, i need that sound, the feel... the smell!

:yes:

If I wanted to see the marvels of electricity, I'd go to a computer show.

And FWIW, NO this will not stop Al and the enviro idiots. It's not about the environment, the debate is about politics and control. As soon as we "make the switch" that I hope we never make, someone will raise new concerns to panic about and they will then use those concerns to limit your freedom a little bit more.

MY TOP 3 PREDICTIONS FOR "PANIC" AMONG THE ELECTRIC CAR AGE (If, god forbid, it ever gets here)

1) How will the batteries affect the environment? It'll be BAD and once the enviro losers realize this (They're too dumb to realize the impact at this time) they'll wage another war on the automobile with the solution being "Mandatory mass transit" and "Driving less"

2) How the coal burning power plants will KILL the ozone as bad or worse than cars. (Again, they're too stupid to realize this now) See above for the solution.

3) Safety... Safety is always an issue with cars and the solution will be the same as above or smaller cars.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

So build more Wind, Solar, Nuc-u-lar, and trash incinerators..... what's the problem here?

Why is it when we have a problem; the response is automatically "Well $h!! We'd have to change the way we do something... can't have that!"

Seriously people, I don't care if my car is powered by rabbit farts as long as rabbit farts are cheap and my car is fast and smooth.

While I agree that the loss of sound and fury (and that awesome race gas scent) would make electric drags a lame substitute, I will say that people will drag race anything that moves. So we will see all sorts of alternative drags, but nothing will replace the original.

While I agree that the loss of sound and fury (and that awesome race gas scent) would make electric drags a lame substitute, I will say that people will drag race anything that moves. So we will see all sorts of alternative drags, but nothing will replace the original.

Personally, I'm waiting for drag races powered by matter/anti-matter.