Some more Blue Devil talk

Northstar

Man i think that was probably the longest thread that i have ever read. But n-e-wayz I thought the spotlight was supposed to be on the GMT-900s? That would be really nice to see GM silence all of the critics with the launch of their fuel efficient GMT-900 line-up, the Concept Camaro, and a 650HP Corvette...etc. In my opinion I think if, if it is produced, the name should either be GrandSport or they should give it it's own name and just base it off of the 650HP engine's engine code. Example: 2006 Chevrolet Corvette LS-7 (a.k.a. Z06) 2006 Chevrolet Corvette LS-S (supercharged LS_)

Blue Devil was only a code name and was never under consideration as a production name. If Gm won't let Pontiac use Banshee you know Blue Devil would never fly. Keep in mind the ZR-1 was code name King Of The Hill. A while back I saw where there was talk of a SS as almost every Chevy has a SS performance model just like the old days. They also pointed out the original Super Sport was the Corvette racer and show car in the 50's. Don't know if there was anything to this but it sounded good. I would like ZL-1 myself.

How about: Corvette Type LT or Corvette Z38 or Corvette Z06 Maxx? Better Yet; Corvette Z06 Type R GTX5000ty.... maybe we'd get some of those 'gamers' that love asian cars as conquest sales then

[triumph the insult comic dog voice] I kid, I kid [/triumph]

I second this:

In my opinion I think if, if it is produced, the name should either be GrandSport

SS it is then.  Next...

[post="34221"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I hope your not serious(if you are implying that it might be called SS)though if you are I am sorry..............Chevy has screwed up their top dog preformance models enuff............First it was Z then SS then Z then SS then Z then SS.......I think names like.....

ZL1
GrandSport
ZR1
Stingray
Tigershark

SS would totally screw up chevy's current preformance line layout........

As it is now SS is affordable preformance.........but at a earlier time Z## was affordable preformance too.........but now SS is like the R/T trim on a Dodge or a GT trim on a ford or whatever they use now.....

I just think it wouldnt work if you going to call a preformance model in Corvettes line SS it should probally be the current Z06.........

Then again I could see this turning into a famous CamaroZ28.com forum SS vs. Z28 battle. Edited by IntimidatorSS

Then again I could see this turning into a famous CamaroZ28.com forum SS vs. Z28 battle.

I remember that...

I think SS would be fine if Chevrolet hadn't watered down the brand so much with it's current SS offerings. I mean, you're going to offer the fastest production Corvette ever that'll trounce $200,000 cars and link it to a $20,000 trim package on a Cobalt (I like that Cobalt, just shouldn't be called SS) and an AWD truck that hardly out runs 2WD versions of competitors mid level trucks???? And that doesn't even consider the "style" factor.

In my opinion, Chevrolet should take this route on the car side:

Since SS has been tarnished just a bit and is already in place AND had a broader original meaning anyway why not use it for your sporty cars and TOP performance sedans (Hopefully most of them WILL be more worthy of the name in a couple of years)

Then, since Z/xx has actually received an image boost via the Z06 and is less common, why not use it for your COUPE ONLY high performance cars. Pretty much just as it was used back in the 60's. You'd have a Zxx as this top 'vette, then the Z06 the the top dog Camaro Z28, then a Lancer/Impreza 'ass whipping' Cobalt coupe named Z-something.

Therefore, the sin of "No Corvette can ever be SS-ed" wouldn't be commited, then the Camaro could rank and file with base, SS and Z28 logically and then on your mainstream cars high performance rare coupes wouldn't be diluted by sharing a broad SS name with WORTHY, but not as barbaric cars.

Thus allowing Chevrolet to continue BUILDING "SS" into a widespread, attainable, credible force while creating a sub division for the Z cars and US car guys.

:)

I think a good name would be the Corvette OMGISMYP (Oh My God I Sh*t My Pants!).

http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotflmao.gif

I remember that...

I think SS would be fine if Chevrolet hadn't watered down the brand so much with it's current SS offerings. I mean, you're going to offer the fastest production Corvette ever that'll trounce 200,000 cars and link it to a $20,000 trim package on a Cobalt (I like that Cobalt, just shouldn't be called SS) and an AWD truck that hardly out runs 2WD versions of competitors mid level trucks???? And that doesn't even consider the "style" factor.

In my opinion, Chevrolet should take this route on the car side:

Since SS has been tarnished just a bit and is already in place AND had a broader original meaning anyway why not use it for your sporty cars and TOP performance sedans (Hopefully most of them WILL be more worthy of the name in a couple of years)

Then, since Z/xx has actually received an image boost via the Z06 and is less common, why not use it for your COUPE ONLY high performance cars. Pretty much just as it was used back in the 60's. You'd have a Zxx as this top 'vette, then the Z06 the the top dog Camaro Z28, then a Lancer/Impreza 'ass whipping' Cobalt coupe named Z-something. 

Therefore, the sin of "No Corvette can ever be SS-ed" wouldn't be commited, then the Camaro could rank and file with base, SS and Z28 logically and then on your mainstream cars high performance rare coupes wouldn't be diluted by sharing a broad SS name with WORTHY, but not as barbaric cars.

Thus allowing Chevrolet to continue BUILDING "SS" into a widespread, attainable, credible force while creating a sub division for the Z cars and US car guys.

:)
http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotflmao.gif

[post="34583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I like your thinking! Also I think a AWD Cobalt should be V6 powered and Z24 would fit since GM's original preformance FWD compact used the V6.......though I am biased toward my own car's history though a Turbo V6 would just be killer for a Cobalt.....

Chevy has already used the SS badge on too many vehicles to really slap it on a hi priced exotic vette. I think most of the SS models now are fine just some need improvement and probally will get it........