New Tundra Heavy Duty?

gm4life

I made a quick visit to Truck Trend and found an ad on the site that showed the latest issue of TT and a photo of a fugly HD dually Turd, but it said aside of it a Heavy Duty Tundra this time for real... Something to that extent, at least I know they have shown one but with cutting production and feeling the burn Detriot is in the truck market are they really doing it? I hope not... But found it interesting? Anyone know anything and have a thought on it? :banghead:

Well I don't think they can build a proper half-ton but there are building a truck that sells almost 200K units a year a chunk out of the domestics market indeed. Read the Yahoo Auto Reviews of them people must like them, maybe they are all ex-Camry owners tho...?

they cant build a light duty truck and their gonna try an HD? someone get the popcorn! :smilewide:

Well, if it is popcorn you want, you have come to the right guy! I have Mr. Orville Redenbacher and Act II here at hand. Do you want movie butter or do you prefer to pour your own? :deathwatch:

>>"...a truck that sells almost 200K units a year a chunk out of the domestics market indeed."<<

I would not assume this is neccessarily true, or have you seen segment totals/percentages ??

I think you're correct. Last time I saw anything published, most Tundra buyers were current Toyota owners. Conquest sales have been very disappointing. Same for Sequoia.

It's a lot easier to fool your average soccer mom (like my mother who is absolutely gushing over her cousin's CR-V) then the guys/gals on a job site. It would take a lot of cojones to show up at a construction site in a Tundra, even up here in Canada where we love our Civics and Mazda 3s. I am surrounded by construction sites in my downtown apartment, and all I see are Rams, F-150s and Silverados. I saw an older Nissan small truck yesterday. The Tundras sit in Rosedale, next to the wife's Audi Quaatro.

That is good news Camino I pray for no HD trucks... That would be plain wrong. Oh so alot of Tundras are ex-Toyota other model owners or owners trading in there old Tundra? I just see Ford F-150 trades all the time at my Toyo dealership that also sells Lincoln, Scion and Mercury odd combo.