Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gm4life

New Tundra Heavy Duty?

14 posts in this topic

I made a quick visit to Truck Trend and found an ad on the site that showed the latest issue of TT and a photo of a fugly HD dually Turd, but it said aside of it a Heavy Duty Tundra this time for real... Something to that extent, at least I know they have shown one but with cutting production and feeling the burn Detriot is in the truck market are they really doing it? I hope not... But found it interesting? Anyone know anything and have a thought on it? :banghead:

There was a Tundra HD dually concept at the SEMA show last year..

Well I don't think they can build a proper half-ton but there are building a truck that sells almost 200K units a year a chunk out of the domestics market indeed. Read the Yahoo Auto Reviews of them people must like them, maybe they are all ex-Camry owners tho...?

>>"...a truck that sells almost 200K units a year a chunk out of the domestics market indeed."<<

I would not assume this is neccessarily true, or have you seen segment totals/percentages ??

they cant build a light duty truck and their gonna try an HD? someone get the popcorn! :smilewide:

Well, if it is popcorn you want, you have come to the right guy! I have Mr. Orville Redenbacher and Act II here at hand. Do you want movie butter or do you prefer to pour your own? :deathwatch:

>>"...a truck that sells almost 200K units a year a chunk out of the domestics market indeed."<<

I would not assume this is neccessarily true, or have you seen segment totals/percentages ??

I think you're correct. Last time I saw anything published, most Tundra buyers were current Toyota owners. Conquest sales have been very disappointing. Same for Sequoia.

Well, if it is popcorn you want, you have come to the right guy! I have Mr. Orville Redenbacher and Act II here at hand. Do you want movie butter or do you prefer to pour your own? :deathwatch:

mmmmm extra butter :drool:

mmmm toyota FAIL! :drool: :drool: :drool:

mmmmm extra butter :drool:

Here you are. Enjoy! :smilewide:

popcorn.gif

mmmm toyota FAIL! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I was just about to ask if you wanted anything else. :AH-HA_wink:

Yaris100k.jpg

Quite a feast, if I do say so myself.

Edited by YellowJacket894

It's a lot easier to fool your average soccer mom (like my mother who is absolutely gushing over her cousin's CR-V) then the guys/gals on a job site. It would take a lot of cojones to show up at a construction site in a Tundra, even up here in Canada where we love our Civics and Mazda 3s. I am surrounded by construction sites in my downtown apartment, and all I see are Rams, F-150s and Silverados. I saw an older Nissan small truck yesterday. The Tundras sit in Rosedale, next to the wife's Audi Quaatro.

Toyota is losing their tail on Tundra already, I'd give it a 50/50 chance that they produce the HD version.

And a 100% chance that the HD will be delayed if they decide to go for it.

That is good news Camino I pray for no HD trucks... That would be plain wrong. Oh so alot of Tundras are ex-Toyota other model owners or owners trading in there old Tundra? I just see Ford F-150 trades all the time at my Toyo dealership that also sells Lincoln, Scion and Mercury odd combo.

I wonder if Toyota decides to hold off on the HD Tundra in the face of the new CAFE regs. A large truck is probably not where they want to go with a 35-MPG mandate over their heads.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0