Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cletus8269

2009 Challenger specs

10 posts in this topic

dont know if this has been posted yet i looked but didnt see anything.

In the first few pages of this months muscle car review was information stating that the 5.7 R/T challengers will have 2 versions of the 5.7 a 370hp version for the auto and a 375 version for the 6sp. also in the mix is the 3.5 250hp for the SE.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-challenger.html

theres the back up info.

-edit-

got out my issue of muscle car review and it states that there will be a ram air hood, cold air intake, long tube headers, a custom after cat exhaust, crankshafts, and cams and heads for the hemis. suspension upgrades include coilovers, performance springs, and a strut tower brace. for the outside there is a ram air hood ( i guess like the drag strip challenger) rear spoiler and graphics package ala t/a stripes. inside a t-shift handle and a pedal kit and an upgraded nav system.

Edited by cletus8269

Cool thanks.

I thought the Challenger was to be V8 only?

Unless a manual is available the V6 will be ubber-lame.

No, never...and if it wasn't a V6, they'd never sell any in real number after the first few months. Like the Mustang, like the Camaro coming, etc. most will be V6's.

At least there's also a manual to go with the Hemi, which should make many happy.

As I've said before, it will be interesting to see how this beast of a car does in modern day world. People seem to really like the look, even a bit much so, but it's as retro as it gets, for sure. Good or bad, we'll see.

The 3.5 V6 isn't that bad at all, it's 250hp and moves the other lx sedans quite decently.

The 2.7 SE cars aren't quite as good, they are a little on the anemic side of things.... :AH-HA_wink:

ubbber lame it is then, according to this article its a 4sp auto only if you check the v6 box

ubbber lame it is then, according to this article its a 4sp auto only if you check the v6 box

I've got the 4 spd and 3.5L in my 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring. It moves quite well. I think the car mags did 0-60 in 7 sec flat. Not bad for a 4000 lb car! I wouldn't hesitate getting a 3.5L Challenger.

Now for some SRT fun. Check out this video:

Since a lot of the V6s will probably be fleeted, an automatic makes sense. The more I see of the Challenger, the more I'm liking it..it really stands out amongst the sea of FWD generics of today...it's been a loooooooooong time since Chrysler has had a stylish, RWD 4 seat coupe, in mild or performance variations.

I've got the 4 spd and 3.5L in my 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring. It moves quite well. I think the car mags did 0-60 in 7 sec flat. Not bad for a 4000 lb car! I wouldn't hesitate getting a 3.5L Challenger.

Now for some SRT fun. Check out this video:

personally i'd spring for