Challenger SRT8 Already Wins 2 Comparos!!

The Camaro I feel could put the Challenger away if only for the sake of bringing up their respective platformmates- The G8 (Commodore) and the 300/Charger.

I believe that it was in a Motor Trend issue, they compared the Charger with the G8, and the G8 walked out the winner, and the author(s) of the article stating that the Charger felt "old"

Motor Trend

For being "SO retro," the Challenger makes the Mustang look old/dumpy. Regardless of my preference, I can't wait to see the Challenger on the road.

Edited by AAS

I think the Challenger's biggest liability besides the massive wheel will be the non-defeatable stability control. The Camaro will no doubt have a fully defeatable system.

Hopefully it's a delete-able option, just like traction control (and rear defrost) was on my SS.

I think the Challenger's biggest liability besides the massive wheel will be the non-defeatable stability control. The Camaro will no doubt have a fully defeatable system.

Nah, the SRT8 versions (ALL first year cars) can be defeated through the dash switch mostly- The non-SRT8 cars can reduce stability controll 50% by pushing the ESP switch, the SRT8 cars can further reduce the stability control by holding the switch in, I think it's 95% disabled.

The Diablo Predator allows any LX car to completely remove the stability control on top of that. Problem has already been solved!

I think the primary feature than makes the Challenger so relatively fresh looking vs. the 'stang is that the Dodge has no front 'bumper'- that's pretty unique.

You mean that there is a flush fascia design on the Challenger?

The Camaro has that, too. :P

I think the GT500 looks as good or better than the Challenger.

The Bullitt doesn't... But then again, I think this version of the Bullitt is pretty lame.

I would agree...and I'm also waiting for the new Camaro. While I OBVIUOUSLY like Mustangs, I think the Camaro will trump them both.

Chris

I would agree...and I'm also waiting for the new Camaro. While I OBVIUOUSLY like Mustangs, I think the Camaro will trump them both.

Chris

Couldn't agree less!

I think the Camaro will be an "also ran" in the looks department, hopefully it brings a performance advantage to the table...

:AH-HA_wink: