Followers 0
loki

Facial Hair

14 posts in this topic

beard20078.jpg

Civil War Officer, Anyone?

Awesome!

I change facial hair styles a lot...

My goatee was down to my stomach until this February... Then I just up and shaved it all off because it got boring.

*shrugs*

Right now I'm rocking the shorter goatee with Sweeney Todd inspired side burns.

I'm thinking about doing the "friendly mutton chops" next.

I am rocking a "petite" goatee and some nicely maintained sideburns right now. 8)

A "Clingon" is tempting, I will admit.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I haven't shaved my head yet for spring (still have my winter hair), been trying to grow sideburns and a goatee.... it's frustrating, I've never been any good at growing a mustache/goatee or beard... after several weeks, I can still count the hairs on my upper lip and chin. But I can grow a badass Amish-style neck beard ('Chin Curtain').

My team at work is having a beard competition going towards our Aug 1 release (I'm not sure if I want a beard in a Scottsdale summer)..one guy had a full beard 3 weeks ago, then a goatee 2 weeks ago, and a mustache and soul patch last week...not sure what he'll do this week. Another guy is working on sideburns and a handlebar mustache..says the look was inspired by the Tony Gazzo character in 'Rocky'...

I have thought about shaving my head and trying to grow a beard like Samuel L Jackson wore in Shaft... kind of looked like a Nike swoosh from the side...and he was a bad azz mofo in that movie.

Edited by moltar

The one thing about my facial hair that bothers me would be the fact that my mustache has a slight problem connecting to the rest of the picture. You can sort of see what I am talking about in my profile photo here; I took that photo when I half way had my beard fully grown and before I did some face-scaping. :P

Edited by YellowJacket894

Interesting. I always have facial hair. I have not been shaved clean since I can remember. In the winter I grow a full beard, and in the summer/spring I have a vandyke or a goatee. Sometimes I "wing" the goatee and do some designs and curves with the sides of it, other times its just straight down around my mouth and chin line. If I grow the goatee, then I grow it long, and with a shaved head I look like something out of Metallica.

I've been looking for a new style lately...For a while I was going with the "Van Dyke" but now I just sport the "soul patch" with a consistent 5 o'clock shadow. I feel that brings out my facial features/structure the best, especially because my facial hair is somewhat reddish and lighter than my actual hair, so it blends in quite nicely with my face with minimal contrast.

I've been rockin a van dyke for a few months now. I've thought abot a chin curtain w/ a van dyke tho.

Edited by deftonesfan867

I haven't shaved my head yet for spring (still have my winter hair), been trying to grow sideburns and a goatee.... it's frustrating, I've never been any good at growing a mustache/goatee or beard... after several weeks, I can still count the hairs on my upper lip and chin. But I can grow a badass Amish-style neck beard ('Chin Curtain').

My team at work is having a beard competition going towards our Aug 1 release (I'm not sure if I want a beard in a Scottsdale summer)..one guy had a full beard 3 weeks ago, then a goatee 2 weeks ago, and a mustache and soul patch last week...not sure what he'll do this week. Another guy is working on sideburns and a handlebar mustache..says the look was inspired by the Tony Gazzo character in 'Rocky'...

I have thought about shaving my head and trying to grow a beard like Samuel L Jackson wore in Shaft... kind of looked like a Nike swoosh from the side...and he was a bad azz mofo in that movie.

Must be nice, man.

I can shave at 8 in the morning and have a shadow by 5. As much as I appreciate the ability to change my style; shaving sucks!

LOL, I found gray hairs in my goatee recently. LOL... NOT cool!

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Must be nice, man.

I can shave at 8 in the morning and have a shadow by 5. As much as I appreciate the ability to change my style, shaving sucks!

LOL, I found gray hairs in my goatee recently. LOL... NOT cool!

I hear you...my side burns have gray hairs in them.. I've tried since I was 18 to grow a decent mustache or beard, never was satisfied w/ the results..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0