Facial Hair

loki

Awesome!

I change facial hair styles a lot...

My goatee was down to my stomach until this February... Then I just up and shaved it all off because it got boring.

*shrugs*

Right now I'm rocking the shorter goatee with Sweeney Todd inspired side burns.

I'm thinking about doing the "friendly mutton chops" next.

I haven't shaved my head yet for spring (still have my winter hair), been trying to grow sideburns and a goatee.... it's frustrating, I've never been any good at growing a mustache/goatee or beard... after several weeks, I can still count the hairs on my upper lip and chin. But I can grow a badass Amish-style neck beard ('Chin Curtain').

My team at work is having a beard competition going towards our Aug 1 release (I'm not sure if I want a beard in a Scottsdale summer)..one guy had a full beard 3 weeks ago, then a goatee 2 weeks ago, and a mustache and soul patch last week...not sure what he'll do this week. Another guy is working on sideburns and a handlebar mustache..says the look was inspired by the Tony Gazzo character in 'Rocky'...

I have thought about shaving my head and trying to grow a beard like Samuel L Jackson wore in Shaft... kind of looked like a Nike swoosh from the side...and he was a bad azz mofo in that movie.

Edited by moltar

The one thing about my facial hair that bothers me would be the fact that my mustache has a slight problem connecting to the rest of the picture. You can sort of see what I am talking about in my profile photo here; I took that photo when I half way had my beard fully grown and before I did some face-scaping. :P

Edited by YellowJacket894

Interesting. I always have facial hair. I have not been shaved clean since I can remember. In the winter I grow a full beard, and in the summer/spring I have a vandyke or a goatee. Sometimes I "wing" the goatee and do some designs and curves with the sides of it, other times its just straight down around my mouth and chin line. If I grow the goatee, then I grow it long, and with a shaved head I look like something out of Metallica.

I've been looking for a new style lately...For a while I was going with the "Van Dyke" but now I just sport the "soul patch" with a consistent 5 o'clock shadow. I feel that brings out my facial features/structure the best, especially because my facial hair is somewhat reddish and lighter than my actual hair, so it blends in quite nicely with my face with minimal contrast.

I haven't shaved my head yet for spring (still have my winter hair), been trying to grow sideburns and a goatee.... it's frustrating, I've never been any good at growing a mustache/goatee or beard... after several weeks, I can still count the hairs on my upper lip and chin. But I can grow a badass Amish-style neck beard ('Chin Curtain').

My team at work is having a beard competition going towards our Aug 1 release (I'm not sure if I want a beard in a Scottsdale summer)..one guy had a full beard 3 weeks ago, then a goatee 2 weeks ago, and a mustache and soul patch last week...not sure what he'll do this week. Another guy is working on sideburns and a handlebar mustache..says the look was inspired by the Tony Gazzo character in 'Rocky'...

I have thought about shaving my head and trying to grow a beard like Samuel L Jackson wore in Shaft... kind of looked like a Nike swoosh from the side...and he was a bad azz mofo in that movie.

Must be nice, man.

I can shave at 8 in the morning and have a shadow by 5. As much as I appreciate the ability to change my style; shaving sucks!

LOL, I found gray hairs in my goatee recently. LOL... NOT cool!

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Must be nice, man.

I can shave at 8 in the morning and have a shadow by 5. As much as I appreciate the ability to change my style, shaving sucks!

LOL, I found gray hairs in my goatee recently. LOL... NOT cool!

I hear you...my side burns have gray hairs in them.. I've tried since I was 18 to grow a decent mustache or beard, never was satisfied w/ the results..