Side by side

The Camaro makes the Challenger look somewhat dated already, really.

agreed. The c-pillar/rear 1/4 panel area on the Challenger is just ...off.

Anyone else notice this gif?

LOL

PaddleRacing.gif

If you note the Cobalt vs Camaro it puts the size in proportion.

I have tried to like the Challenger but it just comes back to being a out of proportion 1970 Challenger. I know they save money by using the 300 platform but there was a price to pay for doing it.

What killed the new Challenger for me was when they photographed a 1970 next to a 2009. It is important for the new car to move the design ahead and that is where Chrysler failed. Not badly but not as well as Ford or Chevy did.

Edited by hyperv6

The proportions of the Challenger are great, those of you bitching are most likely trying to convince yourselves that it's so much worse than the Camaro, rather than seeing it as a modern tribute to the original. I love both, if you don't like it fine, but if you're going to pick on it just for fun, shut up and buy a Camaro or what you really want...a Camry.

One big difference between the Challenger and the Camaro: the Challenger is available on the market NOW.

Edited by Dodgefan

The proportions of the Challenger are great, those of you bitching are most likely trying to convince yourselves that it's so much worse than the Camaro, rather than seeing it as a modern tribute to the original. I love both, if you don't like it fine, but if you're going to pick on it just for fun, shut up and buy a Camaro or what you really want...a Camry.

My problem with the Challenger is that there is honestly very little forward thinking with the design. I love the proportions and I love the DLO-to-bodyside ratio, they are excellent. Honestly, the real and only problem with the Challenger is that there is little to no progression of the retro graphics and themes pulled from the 1970 Challenger. There is progression with the retro-inspired ideas on the Camaro and that is where the design has an advantage over the Challenger.

It is because there is progression of the retro elements on the Camaro the Challenger feels somewhat dated indeed. It doesn't mean that I think the Challenger is a bad car or that I hate it, although it might be a bit too retro for me I do actually like the car. I like what it brings to the table, which are the elements I like best in a car.

And I will pass on the Camry, thanks. :P

One big difference between the Challenger and the Camaro: the Challenger is available on the market NOW.

But only as an SRT-8. I believe we still have to wait until the fall for the more obtainable versions of the car, correct? And chances are the Camaro debut and subsequent dealer roll-out will be sooner than next year as well. :AH-HA_wink:

My problem with the Challenger is that there is honestly very little forward thinking with the design. I love the proportions and I love the DLO-to-bodyside ratio, they are excellent. Honestly, the real and only problem with the Challenger is that there is little to no progression of the retro graphics and themes pulled from the 1970 Challenger. There is progression with the retro-inspired ideas on the Camaro and that is where the design has an advantage over the Challenger.

It is because there is progression of the retro elements on the Camaro the Challenger feels somewhat dated indeed. It doesn't mean that I think the Challenger is a bad car or that I hate it, although it might be a bit too retro for me I do actually like the car. I like what it brings to the table, which are the elements I like best in a car.

And I will pass on the Camry, thanks. :P

But only as an SRT-8. I believe we still have to wait until the fall for the more obtainable versions of the car, correct? And chances are the Camaro debut and subsequent dealer roll-out will be sooner than next year as well. :AH-HA_wink:

The way I look at it, is the Challenger was designed not only to pay homage to the original but to shut up the whiners about the Charger not looking like a Charger and having too many door. Assuming it sees a next generation it will probably be more forward thinking in terms of design evolution.

Although the rollout of the Challenger is initially the limited run of SRT8's, the fact remians that they were available to buy (until they sold out). So there. :P

The way I look at it, is the Challenger was designed not only to pay homage to the original but to shut up the whiners about the Charger not looking like a Charger and having too many door.

You can pay homage to the original design of a model of car without being a shirtless throwback to it. That's just how I think about it.

Assuming it sees a next generation it will probably be more forward thinking in terms of design evolution.

That would be quite logical to assume. I hope the Challenger manages to become a permanent staple in Dodge's lineup like the Mustang is to Ford. I want to see how things progress and evolve.

Although the rollout of the Challenger is initially the limited run of SRT8's, the fact remians that they were available to buy (until they sold out). So there. :P

Touché. :P