Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2010 Prius

:puke: Man, here is an autoline that truly can die! :puke: I have read that for most people, the outlandish cost of a hybrid actually makes no sense over a normal gas powered ecobox auto. Only thoses that feel they have to have a Hybrid to justify their driving or those that drive 15K or more miles a year really can benefit and recover the outlandish overcharge of price.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict worse sales than the current iteration. This styling will appeal to boy racers, not the type of people that buy the Prius. Like everything in Toyota's lineup lately, it's probably gotten larger, heavier, and more powerful. With all the new small cars coming out from Ford and GM in the next couple years that will be more affordable, I think we will see its popularity plateau and decline.

Guest aatbloke

I know it's only a rendering, but while the front looks rather anonymous, in profile it's very attractive. I've read on several occasions that Toyota is looking to branch out the Prius name into a whole sub-brand of different hybrid vehicles - I'm curious as to whether that's still their intent.

I know it's only a rendering, but while the front looks rather anonymous, in profile it's very attractive. I've read on several occasions that Toyota is looking to branch out the Prius name into a whole sub-brand of different hybrid vehicles - I'm curious as to whether that's still their intent.

That would make sense, the Prius name has a ton of equity. Camry Prius, Highlander Prius, works just like Aura Greenline and Vue Greenline. the question then would be do they keep the Prius model around or roll it into another line?

Name a car that gets even close to the mileage of the Prius that has comparable interior space, luggage space, smart key, stability control, backup camera, 6-disc cd changer, leather and Bluetooth.

A Jetta TDI?

Although the Prius may have better build quality, and you won't be hassled by freshman-fifteening college chicks.

Edited by Captainbooyah

A Jetta TDI?

Although the Prius may have better build quality, and you won't be hassled by freshman-fifteening college chicks.

Touche. My dealer has a Jetta TDI parked up fron with big, ugly graphics all over it touting their clean diesel technology.

• 2 months later...

This thing is ugly. I am sorry the current Prius is ugly but not as. Anyone whom would buy one needs there head examied especially since there is something called a Jetta TDI and TDI Wagon. If I want high mpg's I would just get a Smart FourTwo Passion, at least it is cool looking its own way and there 16K loaded!

... and a completely different style of car that meets/doesn't meet a completely different set of wants & needs.

Yes, different market, different reality...people forget the Prius is not just about the mileage..it's about the cleanliness--the Prius is classified as a SULEV..

Though if I were looking for something small and efficient myself, I'd go for a Jetta diesel. When are the big 3 going to offer a compact diesel in NA? (or any car with a diesel--a Camaro TDI would be hellacool). I like diesels...I'd probably buy one over a hybrid..

Edited by moltar

Yes, different market, different reality...people forget the Prius is not just about the mileage..it's about the cleanliness--the Prius is classified as a SULEV..

Though if I were looking for something small and efficient myself, I'd go for a Jetta diesel. When are the big 3 going to offer a compact diesel in NA? (or any car with a diesel--a Camaro TDI would be hellacool). I like diesels...I'd probably buy one over a hybrid..

nevermind the prius is about 2.5 times bigger than a smart car...

• 3 months later...