Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

jones soda

loki

I think i've tried it once, awhile ago, don't remember if i liked it.

http://mises.org/story/2678 by Max Raskin: a visiting researcher at the Mises Institute. He goes to high school in New Jersey.

In this case, the political entrepreneur was Archer Daniels Midland, a company that lobbied Congress to pass draconian quotas on sugar importation.

"In 1979 the entire corn sweetener industry produced just 1.7 million metric tons. Since the imposition of the sugar quota, industry production has soared to 5.5 million metric tons, more than 80 percent of it accounted for by ADM."

"Moreover, every $1 of profits earned by ADM's corn sweetener operation costs consumers $10."

Under a system of tariffs, subsidies, and restrictions, we get companies like Coke and Pepsi producing collectivist drinks for the masses. There is nothing exciting about these products because there is nothing exciting about the system that produces them. Interventionism is restrictive; it confines the innovative human mind, while the laissez-faire economy unleashes it.

In the absence of sugar quotas, Jones wouldn't have to suffer financially for their decision to give people what they want. They would be allowed to give us more flavors, like Bohemian Raspberry flavored with delicious cane sugar. But instead we are confined to brown, industrial strength soda, capable of loosening rusted nails and removing corrosion from car battery terminals. Ultimately, this is always the choice society must make.

I like it, they sell it a Target and Wal Mart. Some grocery stores carry it too, as do a good number of convienence stores and gas stations.I love the slogan they had when they switched to sugar: "because corn is for cars."

My favrote is the cream soda and root beer..I want to try the pepto bismol flavor one!

I hate root beer and creamed soda... :yuck:

Moxie, Dr. Pepper & original (classic) Coke is where it's at!

I hate root beer and creamed soda... :yuck:

Moxie, Dr. Pepper & original (classic) Coke is where it's at!

pretty much the "king$h! of F#$% mnt." when it comes to soda.

that phrase came from my group of friends.

Boyland is my favorite soda....been around since the 1800s...all natural. The Vanilla Creme Soda is fantastic.

Stewart is another great soda. Orange soda like it was originally meant to be.

A newer one and doesn't use sugar or artificial sweetner is Fizzy Lizzy....very enjoyable. Mostly at high end or health food stores.

CocaCola and Pepsi etc should hide their faces in shame.

boylandnr0.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

Boyland is my favorite soda....been around since the 1800s...all natural. The Vanilla Creme Soda is fantastic.

Stewart is another great soda. Orange soda like it was originally meant to be.

A newer one and doesn't use sugar or artificial sweetner is Fizzy Lizzy....very enjoyable. Mostly at high end or health food stores.

CocaCola and Pepsi etc should hide their faces in shame.

Cool..I think I've seen Stewart at Wild Oats. I'm not a big soda fan, but once in I while I like a good one.

I agree, beer is an aquired taste. I drink it on occasion, but its usually Irish cream ales, tend to like creamier, full tasting beers. I'm thirsty now.

I find most commercial beers not very good. Bland, weak. Smaller independent brewers often have superior beers to the heavily marketed commercial types.

It's like the sodas discussed, the smaller bottlers are better than the giganitic ones.

I agree, beer is an aquired taste. I drink it on occasion, but its usually Irish cream ales, tend to like creamier, full tasting beers. I'm thirsty now.

I find most commercial beers not very good. Bland, weak. Smaller independent brewers often have superior beers to the heavily marketed commercial types.

It's like the sodas discussed, the smaller bottlers are better than the giganitic ones.

Ya...in college I drank mass-market beer, but in grad school I discovered European beers, started drinking Belgian and German beers..and when I moved to Colorado, discovered microbrews, something that Co is known for. I avoid the mass-market stuff whenever possible. Though I do like a lot of Mexican beers, great for summer.