Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang84

Strange Chevy I saw today

15 posts in this topic

I was driving home after work today when I saw an odd-looking car/truck waiting to pull out into traffic. In profile, it looked like a Holden Ute except shorter. It looked like it was from the 90s. As I drove by, I saw it had a Chevrolet badge with a ring around the bowtie.

Anybody know what this could be? Something from a Latin American market?

Edited by mustang84

Was it this....thing?

chevrolet_montana.jpg

If so, it's the Tornado/Montana, depending on whether it's being sold in Mexico or elsewhere in Latin America. There's a rumor/joke going around here that it'll come here as the next El Camino, but I'm positive that'll go over like a fart in a spacesuit.

Yes! That's it.

It was kinda strange seeing it up here, I wonder if someone had it imported or if they immigrated here. Either way, it was interesting to see but it looks dated compared to everything else on the road...I thought it was from the late 90s, turns out GM started building them in 2003.

Saw the last gen. version of that POS in Tombstone, NM back in 2003.

I've seen one of those Montanas...and a Lobo, and a few Chevy Sonoras (aka Tahoe). And Ford Mondeos, Fiestas, a Ka, an '80s Dodge Magnum, a Pontiac G2, a VW Sprinter (strange hatchback), and a Chevrolet Chevy (Corsa). Lots of Mexico plated cars here in Mexizona.

Anytime you see a Chevrolet badge with a ring around it, it's probably from South of the border.

Was there a very hairy guy driving it, with an extremely odd Texas twang/German accent and a picture of Carl-Peter Forster (wearing a leather thong) in a locket around his neck? :scratchchin:

Was there a very hairy guy driving it, with an extremely odd Texas twang/German accent and a picture of Carl-Peter Forster (wearing a leather thong) in a locket around his neck? :scratchchin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree on the styling being very '90's. It looks like it belongs in the Chevy lineup next to the Lumina & Monte Carlo.

I agree on the styling being very '90's. It looks like it belongs in the Chevy lineup next to the Lumina & Monte Carlo.

It's based on an old Opel Corsa, that's why it looks old :AH-HA_wink:

OH SNAP! That little HHR pickup is nice as heck!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0