New Honda City

frogger

I'm not a big Honda fan, but that is a fairly nice looking subcompact sedan. It's much better looking than the Aveo, Yaris, Rio, and Accent. Honda should really consider bringing a version here (U.S.). The Fit already sells like crazy here (although I don't particularly appreciate its styling). Just think how well this would sell to those people who prefer a sedan configuration instead.

Its not puke-ugly like Fit-in fact, that makes this look like a Corvette!!! Well, you know what I mean...but this is probably the best-looking subcompact sedan on the market, not that it says much, but here it does!

isn't that just a refreshed euro civic?

Nope.. It's smaller. The previous City was basically a trunked Fit, this is a new platform from what I've read. Probably about the size of a Civic sedan from 10-15 years ago.

The City would be a good addition to the US line, give them a Fit sized sedan....the Airwave would be nice also for a small MPV.

Edited by moltar

The City has always been smaller than the Civic, and this is its 5th generation. It is a different model than the Jazz/Fit, as opposed to just being a sedan version. Although they both occupy the same sub-compact segment. The Euro Civic 3-door and 5-door hatches aren't due for a redesign for a while.

The tail lights on this new model look a little bland, but overall the car is very nice, especially compared to the previous City's and compared to its competition. I would like it if Honda brought it over here. Americans generally like sedans anyway so it would be a good idea I think.

If Honda wanted build a line of Scion competitors for the US, how about the Life Dunk..

Honda_Life_Dunk.jpg

And the That's:

4020207.jpg

Which are both interesting, if only for the hellacool names...

Edited by moltar

If Honda wanted build a line of Scion competitors for the US, how about the Life Dunk..

Honda_Life_Dunk.jpg

And the That's:

4020207.jpg

Which are both interesting, if only for the hellacool names...

Lol. Man it would just be SUPER awesome to live in Japan, you'd be surrounded by Dunk's, Life's, That's, Beat's, and even more exciting names!

Lol. Man it would just be SUPER awesome to live in Japan, you'd be surrounded by Dunk's, Life's, That's, Beat's, and even more exciting names!

Yes...I think Suzuki once had a tiny car called the Magnum Force or something similar, and Isuzu had a Big Dump dump truck. Great naming.

Yeah- some fantas-gasmic names there, all right, all right !! The vehicle designs themselves suck & suck hard, but whoopie$h! for the names, making it all right, right ??

I'll never understand such bubbling enthusiasm for whatever God-awful POS that comes from anywhere else but here.

Yeah- some fantas-gasmic names there, all right, all right !! The vehicle designs themselves suck & suck hard, but whoopie$h! for the names, making it all right, right ??

I'll never understand such bubbling enthusiasm for whatever God-awful POS that comes from anywhere else but here.

All that matters is the name right?

I'm surprised a Chinese car maker hasn't come up with this incredible idea yet: Name a car "Sevenseries". When people ask what you drive, you can be like "Yeah.... I drive a 7-series, it's pretty bitchin". Just don't let them ever see it.

In Japan the sedan is actually called the Fit Aria, not the City.

The Life, Dunk, That's, Vamos etc. are actually keijidosha developed and manufactured by a recently consolidated subsidiary (it was formerly a semi-independent affiliate). They are Japanese-market specific and are not registered as normal cars. Only Suzuki and Daihatsu build export versions, but these use larger engines than those allowed in Japan and are consequently redesigned to accommodate them (typically longer and wider). The Beat is maybe 4–6 inches longer and wider.