Remembering those that died in the 9/11 attacks

Has it been 7 years already? I remember I was in NYC at The GM building in Manhattan that day. I can remember how blue the sky was , the smell in the air after the attacks and the dust that seem to envelop all of Manhattan as time wore on. I remember the constant whine of sirens as emergency vehicles raced to and fro. Has it been 7 years already, to me it seems like yesterday and I will never forget that day ever. I remember how hard it was to get out of Manhattan, how the cell phones didn't work and the internet came to a grinding halt, no way to let my family know I was ok, and that I was not affected, but who am I kidding, we were all affected, and the United States will never be the same again, it lost it's innocence that day. But it lost something of even more importance that day, it lost over 3000 souls, not just from the USA, but from almost every nation on earth. No one will ever know how many lives were lost, at best it's just an estimate.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the over 3000 souls who lost their lives that day and to their families. I will never forget!

Yes, it is a sad, dark memory to me.

The thing is, as horrific and tragic the 3000 lost lives were, the

bigger tragedy is the scars it left on the nation. And in the end

the USA will prob. never be the same again. :(

Let me ask you a very deep question:

What good is it to protect the USA by taking away civil liberties?

The whole reason why the USA kicks a$$ so much is our way of

life, our freedoms & peace of mind, and all of that is being

sacraficed on the altar of the Patriot Act.

Many of our Founding Fathers & 18th century revolutionary war

heroes are spinning in their graves, that's for sure.

I remember that day clearly. I was in high school in my English class. We were getting ready to go over OF Mice and Men when word came of the first attack. It was surreal. The only TV we had in the classroom had no picture or sound, so we could only listen to the events unfold,a nd it wasn't until I got home that I saw the first images.

Indeed it was a terrible day for this country, sadly much of society has forgotten about it.

To Sixty8: I refer you to this quote:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Edited by Dodgefan

Yes, it is a sad, dark memory to me.

The thing is, as horrific and tragic the 3000 lost lives were, the

bigger tragedy is the scars it left on the nation. And in the end

the USA will prob. never be the same again. :(

Let me ask you a very deep question:

What good is it to protect the USA by taking away civil liberties?

The whole reason why the USA kicks a$$ so much is our way of

life, our freedoms & peace of mind, and all of that is being

sacraficed on the altar of the Patriot Act.

Many of our Founding Fathers & 18th century revolutionary war

heroes are spinning in their graves, that's for sure.

Well it has finally happened, I actually agree with you! :rotflmao:

hellfrozenoveryj9.jpg

I remember my grandfather waking me up after the first plane hit the WTC and said a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center, they think it was terrorists. I remember jumping out of bed and running to the living room to see the horrific sight before me on the TV. I will never forget those images for the rest of my life, and my grandfather's words for the rest of my life.

i was in school ..1st or 2nd period i think....

some say that day has marked a move out of post modern era.

it's tragic for sure. most of the things that have changed since then have not been for the better.

many are honored as modern heroes, many are forgotten to possible illness from that day/week.

all are victims of possibly an overbearing hand of what this country has become, and how others react to it.

First class of the day, period 2 US History for sophomores. The dean came to the door, said something to the teacher, who then turned on the television and went outside to talk to the dean. 10 minutes later, he returned, we started talking, and I'll never forget what he said: "Mark my words--it always happens this way--the government will use this as an excuse to take away your civil liberties, but only if Americans are dumb enough to have the wool pulled over their eyes and let it happen."

Bell rings, we go off to take our state-mandated standardized test.

All day long, every TV in every student lounge and classroom was dedicated to the 24/7 media onslaught.

Edited by Croc

I do not think I've ever felt more numb in my life.

The feeling was like getting an F on a calculus test in 11th grade.... x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

It was a sick, cowardly & unforgivable act of evil.

Pol-Pot, Hitler, Stalin & thousands of sex-offenders have some company in that great hotel in the

deep, DEEP recesses of the lower-most level of Dante's inferno...

I hope there is a endless supply of pineapples. <_<

Like PCS, I remember what a beautiful morning it was.

I'll never forget the images I watched and it still bothers me to see the media re-open the wound every year.

I watched a show the other night called "How it was: The voices of 9/11" that told the story using actual FDNY and NYPD radio conversations and dispatch. By the end of the show I was crying because I can't bear to imagine what those people went through.

The sad part is; IMO, the plan worked. The terrorists wanted to break this country and they did. I remember seeing an interview with Bin Laden where he said "America is a paper dragon that is weak." I didn't know how right he was until he provided the catalyst for this country to start the slide to destruction. I mean that both economically and socially.

I had a good friend that worked with us on Relay For Life (She has survived cancer 3 times) She will no longer speak to me because one day she started the whole "It was Bush's idea, so he could go to war." :bs: and I got pretty offended and pretty mean. Not that I support Bush, but seriously, have a little respect for those who died.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM