Could Someone Tell Me

Z-06

Why - doesn't GM put their biggest engine in Regular Cab pickups?

When - is the Poon-Thai-Yak G8 GXP coming?

How - to stop hissing noise when I turn my W-body's steering wheel only on the right side?

Where - can I find a CTS 3.6DI with FE3 suspension package, Navigation, and 6-SPEED MANUAL transmission.

What - model year Impala is the best one?

How - to stop hissing noise when I turn my W-body's steering wheel only on the right side?

Where - can I find a CTS 3.6DI with FE3 suspension package, Navigation, and 6-SPEED MANUAL transmission.

5) 1965.

only if it is evening orchard... i'd go '66 so i could get a 427 with an m-21

my colorado power steering squeaks only turning left hehe maybe we could neutralize each other

Yeah 427 is the special one.

It is strange that the noise comes only when I take right turn, there seems to be no loss in power or any type of jerk in the steering.

3 lefts make a right.

Is that the german way?

Noise could be a wheel bearing/hub assembly going bad, easy way to check, jack up suspected side of car, grab tire, check for excessive movement of tire. If movement is in/out replace hub assembly, if movement is top/bottom, check lower ball joint or upper strut mount, if movemet is front/back (toe in, toe out), check outter tie rod ends.

Good question. It's not like they haven't done it before, like the early 1990s SS454 pickup for example.

Correct me if I've forgot, but I thought it was for the 2009 model year, which is approaching.

Sounds like a bearing to me, but then I would have to actually drive it to know for sure.

T3h enterknetz? :ph34r:

1965 or 1969.

Q1 2009

Need more data.

In your local Caddy dealer, once you special order one because GM never stocks manual tranny cars.

I'm partial to the 1961-1962. Yeah the 65-69 cars had more power, and the 58, 63, and 64 are legends, but the 61-62 had fantastic lines that epitomized the transition from the flamboyant 50s to the more stramlined 60s.

Question#5:

1. 1959 (hardtop) gotta love those bat wings! http://www.chevroletimpalas.com/post-15953-1143397942.jpg

2. 1961 (2 or 4 door hardtop) :wub:http://images.superchevy.com/features/impa...r_side_view.jpg

3. 1965 (2-door fastback HARDTOP) http://www.55-57chevys.com/coccc/articles/646/img/65a5.jpg

Well, they do... as long as you order a 2500HD or a 3500HD (the LY6 Vortec 6.0L V8 is the standard engine in these two models, with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel as an option). However, I know what you meant and GM should offer the LY6 6.0L in the 1500 Regular Cab as a throwback to the old Custom Camper models offered in the '60s and '70s. As for the diesel engine option, that's coming for 2010 (I think) and hopefully GM will allow the 1500 Regular Cab models this option.

As for the 454 V8 being offered on the '90-'93 454SS models, that really doesn't apply as that was a "sport" model of a regular cab... meaning you had no option but to get the highest trim level, a short bed, and only 2WD. If you wanted a 454 V8 in a regular or extended cab, longbed, 2WD or 4WD truck back then, your only option was to upgrade to the 2500 or 3500 series trucks.

I personally think the '94-'96 Impala SS model ranks up there. Not saying that the '50s and '60s ones that have been mentioned aren't worthy, I just think at the time those Impalas made an impact not seen since the '60s Impalas.

You can order one.

Unfortunately, you have to buy before you drive pretty much.

We've only done one.....and our GM has mandated that every stick-shift CTS has to be ordered with a $5,000 non-refundable deposit.....and the customer has to sign a form agreeing to the non-refundable deposit.

(I don't disagree with my GM......even though I'd only get a CTS with a manual, they are sale-proof on the lots to the general populace.)

CTS-V may be a different deal though in regards to the manual......