Dirty Tricks - or "Why Drew hates banks"

How's this for a dirty trick? I have my mortgage set to autopay. For years I've always paid the full amount for the 30 year mortgage. Well, apparently, I have a new optional minimum payment and Washington Mutual automatically switched me to that instead of my full payment amount. It's only $25 a month difference, but had I left it alone, I'd have a balloon payment treat at the end of my mortgage.

Typical- wasn't WaMu the one that was charging people to whom you wrote a check $5 to cash them at a WaMu branch?

Wachovia likes to do that too.

My employer banks at Wachovia (I only bank with credit unions) Wachovia is closer, so I figured I'd save the fuel. They tried to charge me a percentage fee to cash the check (at the same exact branch my employers account is held)

I told them "forget it" and headed for the door. The teller then decided to waive the fee "this time".

wamu won't let me pay my mortgage on the internet unless i set up auto pay. f@#kers. of course chase bought them, and my new car is chase. plus chases wants to grab my credit card debt too.

Don't do it...

Chase sucks to deal with.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

With GMACs recent announcement that they won't be financing anyone with less than a 700 credit score, looks like I'll be having to find a new bank to deal with for next November (or earlier). It's a shame too, as I've been a loyal and on-time GMAC customer for almost 10 years now.

When I signed my mortage contract with GMAC in 2003, I was told that GMAC never sells mortgages. They lied. Today I got a letter from GMAC Mortgage telling me I can no longer allow automatic debit... because my mortgage has been SOLD to "Midland Mortgage". WTF!? So now what happens? Does anyone out there know anything about Midland Mortgage? This is outrageous.

When I signed my mortage contract with GMAC in 2003, I was told that GMAC never sells mortgages. They lied. Today I got a letter from GMAC Mortgage telling me I can no longer allow automatic debit... because my mortgage has been SOLD to "Midland Mortgage". WTF!? So now what happens? Does anyone out there know anything about Midland Mortgage? This is outrageous.

Always get everything in writing?