Auf Wiedersehen

Two days from now I'm heading to Germany for vacation. I'll also be inspecting the house being built. Construction is scheduled to be complete in mid-December. If the American electorate gives me the birthday gift I want this time around, I'll be staying till at least January 20th. If not, I'll be leaving anytime after the 1st of the year.

PCS, if you're in Frankfurt, be sure to wave as my ICE rushes by you on Thursday morning.

Two days from now I'm heading to Germany for vacation. I'll also be inspecting the house being built. Construction is scheduled to be complete in mid-December. If the American electorate gives me the birthday gift I want this time around, I'll be staying till at least January 20th. If not, I'll be leaving anytime after the 1st of the year.

PCS, if you're in Frankfurt, be sure to wave as my ICE rushes by you on Thursday morning.

Ser gut, and never forget, if you see

"eine gros schwarze frau"

rolling down the sidewalk, she'll be American for sure, so say "Hi"

Edited by trinacriabob

lol... that has to be from some german language book!

Not at all.

Sitting outside an eating establishment while in grad school having a burger with an Austrian MBA student, the (above, per German description) walks by on the sidewalk across the street.

Me: How would you describe THAT in German?

Johannes (with typical Germanic matter-of-factness): Eine gros schwarze frau.

That's the first thing I learned in German. Great for a belly laugh...or getting punched in the mouth.

Edited by trinacriabob

Have fun! And don't forget to post pics of the CTS-D as soon as you get it :AH-HA_wink:

Is it even being built yet?

I've been shopping the used car sites over there and it seems that the E-class, 5-series, A8, and 7-series all have Lincoln Towncar like depreciation rates. I may just get one of those and save myself the money. The CTS-D may be nice, but if I can snag a low mileage 7-series <the only BMW I like> for half the price or less, I'll do it.

I've been shopping the used car sites over there and it seems that the E-class, 5-series, A8, and 7-series all have Lincoln Towncar like depreciation rates. I may just get one of those and save myself the money. The CTS-D may be nice, but if I can snag a low mileage 7-series <the only BMW I like> for half the price or less, I'll do it.

Get a 750i in Black. How about the Phaeton with Diesel or W12?

Get a 750i in Black. How about the Phaeton with Diesel or W12?

Whatever I get will be a diesel, that much is certain. The whole point of buying a car over there is to go on long distance road trips, usually to the Provance and such. I want the most fuel efficient vehicle in the size class I'm shopping in.

I say 7-Series, but A8 TDIs are cool!

The CTS-D should arrive sometime during 2009.

Hey Oldsmoboi,

Hope you have a great time!

Sorry I missed you this summer when I was in the Pittsburgh area twice (July and August)....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I want to see the world before I die" ... Dan Seals ... 'Big Wheels In The Moonlight'

All the best.

Have fun over there, Drewbert. Please don't try to smuggle any bratwurst through customs in your leiderhosen.

That's the kind of ridicilously funny O.B. post

I've missed durring this "election-08" fiasco.