Was I wong to laugh?

ocnblu

So today we all went to my bro's house for a late Thanksgiving dinner. While we were waiting for the burned-to-a-crisp turkey to emerge from the deep fryer, some of us were watching Comedy Central, and that ventriloquist dude everybody's talking about was on. One of his puppets started making fun of Prius drivers. My dad and I laughed, I said "gotta love those Prius drivers". My sister-in-law's stepdad didn't crack a smile. His Prius was in my bro's driveway. When I went to leave after dinner and I said my goodbyes, everybody spoke but him. He gave me a dirty look. HA!

Also, my sister-in-law's uncle is a self-styled car expert. He was commenting about my Sierra's Flowmaster exhaust, saying it made the truck sound like a diesel, "brum brum brum", he added for effect. :rolleyes: He said he even asked my brother if it was a Duramax. When I told him I traded the Sierra on a Cobalt, he said, "don't you feel like you're in a box when you get in it? I would feel like I couldn't move." He's like 6', 260 pounds of blubber. I said "well, I'm only 5'5" and 145 pounds, so I fit just fine." He then asked if I got the hatchback or the four door. I informed him that there is no Cobalt with a hatchback.

Then, sis-in-law's sister's BF made a comment about the Tundra and how much he likes it. He was shocked to learn of the cost overruns to build the plant in TX, and when I told him they were selling at less than half of projections, he got a totally dejected look on his face.

Good Grief, what kind of family has my poor bro gotten tangled up with?:lol:

Edited by ocnblu

hahahahaha! Go O.B. :D

And BTW, Harley:

Your sig is teh sex! :wub:

pon60coupenc2.jpg

na you were right to laugh, the prius thing has been in jeff dunham's skit for quite a while. at least 2 yrs now. jeff owns one its his wife's and its purple. he is making fun of himself really. maybe the guy is as embarassed to drive it as jeff is and thats why he took offense hehe. as for the flowmasters... well i think GM should have a contract with them for their trucks. nothing sounds better that flowmaster 40's on a chevy truck.

na you were right to laugh, the prius thing has been in jeff dunham's skit for quite a while. at least 2 yrs now. jeff owns one its his wife's and its purple. he is making fun of himself really. maybe the guy is as embarassed to drive it as jeff is and thats why he took offense hehe. as for the flowmasters... well i think GM should have a contract with them for their trucks. nothing sounds better that flowmaster 40's on a chevy truck.

Flowmaster 40s on a 5.0 Mustang = TEH S3X!!!!!

hahahahaha! Go O.B. :D

And BTW, Harley:

Your sig is teh sex! :wub:

pon60coupenc2.jpg

Oh man, the occasional car almost gives me wood...this one does.

The airy cabin and roofline, the color, that freakin gorgeious windshield...

the shoulders over the wheels, that prow at the front...

the solid stance from front to rear....I could go on and on.

When I need reminding why I love GM, cars like this do it.

Edited by HarleyEarl

Ya, that '60 Pontiac is hot..though I prefer this style:

des720.jpg

The '61 is one of my favorite Pontiac designs. Though the '80s Firebird wheels are out of place, it would better w/ the 8 lug wheels or Torque Thrust D's w/ gray spokes, IMHO.

define-1961-pontiac-ventura-389-2.jpg

Edited by moltar

Agreed Harley. It's not a coincidence Pontiac's sales were shooting up like a rocket in the early 1960s.