Unique find

Camino LS6

Damn, if I had cash right now I'd buy that thing. That's cool!

(warning, off topic)

I miss both of my Chevelles, and that thing is almost cooler. By the way, Camino, I woke up at three ayem the other night thinking about your wagon, the sedan delivery discussion we had, and your old phantoms thread. I think a cool phantom GM car would be this-68-72 Buick wagon, made 2 door like the 64-65 Chevelle two door wagons, and then made into a deluxe sedan delivery of sorts. Paint it yellow, light green, gold, etc. and put narrow white stripe bias ply tires and dog dish hubcaps on it with the buick logo and make it look like a factory one off or low production car.

I would even cover the seats with clear plastic and put parking permits decals from the local catholic church in the rear window...anything to make it look like a low mile, survivor, Buick sedan delivery.

Probably just ate wayy to much tex-mex before I went to bed, but I can't get this idea out of my mind.

(back on topic)

I really hope someone gives this sweet old wagon the home it deserves. I would love it just as much as an Olds, BTW.

Oh, and a question...Buick built A body wagons as well during the 68-72 era as well, right??? I believe they did, It's just been forever since I've seen one.

Chris/66

Damn, if I had cash right now I'd buy that thing. That's cool!

(warning, off topic)

I miss both of my Chevelles, and that thing is almost cooler. By the way, Camino, I woke up at three ayem the other night thinking about your wagon, the sedan delivery discussion we had, and your old phantoms thread. I think a cool phantom GM car would be this-68-72 Buick wagon, made 2 door like the 64-65 Chevelle two door wagons, and then made into a deluxe sedan delivery of sorts. Paint it yellow, light green, gold, etc. and put narrow white stripe bias ply tires and dog dish hubcaps on it with the buick logo and make it look like a factory one off or low production car.

I would even cover the seats with clear plastic and put parking permits decals from the local catholic church in the rear window...anything to make it look like a low mile, survivor, Buick sedan delivery.

Probably just ate wayy to much tex-mex before I went to bed, but I can't get this idea out of my mind.

(back on topic)

I really hope someone gives this sweet old wagon the home it deserves. I would love it just as much as an Olds, BTW.

Oh, and a question...Buick built A body wagons as well during the 68-72 era as well, right??? I believe they did, It's just been forever since I've seen one.

Chris/66

Very cool phantom idea!

If I could build phantoms for a living , I would be a happy man!

Yes, Buick had a wagon for every year of A body production.

Some of Buick's Sportwagons are quite the cool ride.

Whoa, a tailgate that opens both ways? I thoght Honda invented that :rolleyes::lol:

She's a beaut. I'm slowly becoming more and more of a wagon fan, to the point where I might prefer one to its sedan counterpart.

I knew exactly which one it was before I even scrolled down to see its location. That thing was on craigslist for the last year and a half around here with no takers and got as low as $3200. It's a great car; wish I had the coin for it.

Wow... fantastic, looks a lot better here than in the

crappy photos in the craigslist ad XP just mentioned.

I'd rock that as my daily whip in a heartbeat! :wub:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Oooo....I do like that one.

Wish I had the money and the time to go pick it up ;).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Maybe I'll drive so far they'll all lose track" ... Dolly Parton ... 'Hard Candy Christmas'

This Buick station wagon was apparently for sale at this year's AACA Fall Meet (aka Hershey), but was sold by Saturday when I saw it:

DSCN8422.jpg

DSCN8426.jpg

The school I teach at has one of those Buicks appear in the parking lot duringt he warmer weather; it's a wonderful shade of pea green though with the wood trim :mind-blowing:

This Pontiac S/W was also for sale, and still available when I took the picture late that afternoon:

DSCN8443.jpg