Let it go to voicemail!

Satty

I went to the restroom at work today (I had just been outside, so my hands were freezing, my wang is still hiding from me) and while I was standing there doing my business, I heard a phone ring. Then I heard someone answer the phone. Curious, I looked and saw one set of feet in one of the stalls. The dude was sitting on the toilet and he answered his phone. Why? That just seems wrong and icky. I dont want to be talking to someone while they're pooping.

It's disgusting but it happens. My friend dropped his phone while peeing. It took pictures repeatedly while at the bottom.

He's the one with the blackberry obsession.

Poopie phone...I do it all the time. Working in a cubicle, when I need to take/make a phone call, I usually go to the stairwell. Sometimes, I'll get a call while I'm in the bathroom, and I'll answer it.

Normally, when I'm in there doing my business, I read my email or news headlines or my phone ( I do that also when I'm on the elevator or waiting for my dish at restaurants..always reading email and the news headlines).

Edited by moltar

I've done it & others at work do it...ESPECIALLY the boss. He's constantly on his Blackberry as it is throughout the day and frequently moving around, into the bathroom, etc. and pretty much daily he'll be in the middle of a conversation while on the way into the bathroom (where the conversation proceeds full volume) or it'll ring while he's in there and continue on.

Busy people gone, well, to the bathroom, I guess. One hand for each and you're good & sanitary, trust me :AH-HA_wink:

I understand the need for "right now" but I make it a point to not have my phone on me when I'm in the bathroom. Thats the only time while I'm at work that I can get away from my phone/email/co-workers.

Agreed. That's a good inspiration for me to leave mine on my desk, instead, when nature calls...not like anyone ever calls anyway.

Until a couple weeks ago, I shared an extension with 3 other people. Yes, three people, three desks (one big cubicle), one phone. It was awful and why I've resorted to email and texting. Now each of us has our very own extension and our own voicemail. As a bonus, my extension is the one that used to be our communal one, so I still get calls for the other guys which has led to me trying to figure out how to transfer calls, then saying screw it and telling them to call back at the right extension.

Until a couple weeks ago, I shared an extension with 3 other people. Yes, three people, three desks (one big cubicle), one phone. It was awful and why I've resorted to email and texting. Now each of us has our very own extension and our own voicemail. As a bonus, my extension is the one that used to be our communal one, so I still get calls for the other guys which has led to me trying to figure out how to transfer calls, then saying screw it and telling them to call back at the right extension.

I'm doing that now... myself and another contractor in one cube, and the guy in the next cube over all share a phone. But I rarely use the work phone except to call the help desk... my current gig is wierd--we are using Lotus Notes, but I almost never get email... and have 2 scheduled meetings per week, which usually get cancelled..so I have a lot of autonomy.

Working for a city government client is very strange because they move so sloooowly on new development...quite a nice contrast for the hurry, hurry, overtime, insane 'agile' startup I was at previously (and the gov't gig pays a lot better also... :))

I'm just waiting to be given a can of bug spray and asked to move my desk to sub-basement-B.

Heh-heh... I'm working in a very drab office tower that looks like the cubes, carpet, etc are at least 20 years old or more.

Quite different from the fancy suite w/ the catered food and the Mac Book Pro I had at the startup, but at least I'm paid more now and don't have to work with smartass 25 year olds.

We dont have a sub-basement B, we do however have a warehouse. I've had to go in there a few times, and I'm pretty sure its worse than a sub-basement.

The office tower I'm in has a basement w/ a loading dock and two sub-basements, haven't been down there yet, but I think they have some offices down there..

The 10th floor cafeteria is actually pretty nice, with some great views of the mountains, downtown, and I can watch jets go by on final approach to Sky Harbor Airport..(downtown Phoenix west-to-east in right under the airport landing path, a couple miles from the runways).

Edited by moltar

That grosses me out too...

I would never talk on my phone when I'm predisposed. Heck, I'd probably get stage fright anyway if I were talking to someone. :D

There is just some things that a man (or woman) should do alone. LOL.

My ex-g/f, my sister, my Mom, and friends have given me a hard time about hearing a flush in the background when I'm on the phone w/ them :) Got to watch out not to drop the phone in the toilet, a friend did that once, ruined the phone (poo and water aren't good for electronic gadgets).

Edited by moltar

I was on it(sitting) once and a guy went in the only other stall, sat down and started watching something startrek...original i think.. on something? that was odd.

I was at airport once in the loo and I think the guy in the stall next to me was watching pr0n on his phone/iPod/whatever...