Vacation time!

Satty

Finally! I've been at work but mentally away for about 2 weeks, today was finally my last day before taking a ton of time off. Looking back, I'm not sure why I bothered going in yesterday or today, but I did. Today was fantastic because we had out holiday luncheon which took up about 3 hours of my time, add to that leaving an hour early, and I'm feeling all right. Just need to get through tomorrow and Thursday and I'm off the the beach for a week.

Finally! I've been at work but mentally away for about 2 weeks, today was finally my last day before taking a ton of time off. Looking back, I'm not sure why I bothered going in yesterday or today, but I did. Today was fantastic because we had out holiday luncheon which took up about 3 hours of my time, add to that leaving an hour early, and I'm feeling all right. Just need to get through tomorrow and Thursday and I'm off the the beach for a week.

Are you salaried? If not, that's why you went in.

Which beach?

Edited by Croc

I'm salaried but I usually only work about 4-5 hours a day 4 days a week. Its a great deal I worked out so I could do school and have free time. Plus I'm so awesome I can do in 20 hours what a mere mortal would take 40 to do.

We're staying in Miami, no idea where we're actually going to be or what we're doing.

Yeah, I'm just thankful to have a job where, if I need to, I can go back to working full time and make more than enough to keep my house, make the car payment, and pay my bills.

Oh, and I really wanted to go home (Chicago) for Christmas, but apparently that wouldn't count as a vacation.

I got my bonus today and it was a whopper...much more than I was expecting since I've only been there 7 months. I do have to go in tomorrow, but we usually get let out a few hours early before a holiday and I'm taking Friday off, so I'll have a nice, long four day weekend.

Too bad the weather sucks.

I'm taking off until Jan 5... went into work yesterday and today, didn't have much of anything to do, but I had two meetings and 16 billable hours. Looking forward to some time off, will be busy, not looking forward to the cold weather--will be flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow to visit family in Ohio, then to Denver for New Years..

I will have the next 5 days off go back for 2 then have 5 more off so a nice streach. Only questionable thing is that our owners sold us down the river and we learned this yesterday. But the new owners did talk to us and they are being forthcoming in their plans for our facility. They stressed quite a few times that they are not there to dismantle it or destroy it. We went through that once before in 200-2003. I do not wish to relive those days!!!!!.

I'm starting to detect a pattern at my workplace. We had a half day off on Turkey Day eve, the holiday of course, then back to work on Friday. Same for Xmas and NY. Blah.

Our vacation days cycle by our hiring date. I still have some days I have to use by next July, or I lose them.

That sucks, I feel for people who have to work Friday. Its a pain when a holiday falls in the middle of the week. I know most of our office is scheduled to work, but a lot of people are taking a vacation day Friday. I know a couple of people in HR were denied vacation because so many other people had already put requests in.

I guess to finish my story, we will be having a christmas doings here tommorrow and Sunday I will be going to visit relatives. I will get to take the Impala on its 1st road run. I am kind of excited to do that and see how it is. The 2002 Impala Mom and Dad had was very good on the road. This one should only be better.

• 2 weeks later...