Buick Enclave Debut

buickguy

Maybe New York since there are no spy shots of it on the net. I'm assuming that the GMC and Saturn versions will come first and seperately at the LA auto show and the NAIAS to leave the best (Enclave) for last in NY. They probably want to shock everyone and being the last of the X-Overs, it will be more memorable.

I like the new GMC's choice of names, the Acadia.  But Buick Enclave?!...another lame name for a Buick..meaningless.  It sounds like something sinister.  Hate it.  I'd be embarassed to drive something with that label.

[post="42548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Each new Buick name seems even more stupid than the last!
Sad but true

• 2 weeks later...
I still hate that name. Like I have said a million times, wiht the heretige Buick has they should use some of theuir classic car names, but on their cars. As far as these SUVs/Minivans/Crossovers I'm glad they're not tarnishing any old manes but for god's sake WTF call it Enclave? :huh: As far as the Lucerne it SHOULD have been called something else, not to mention it's Wrong Wheel Drive. *sigh*

I still hate that name. Like I have said a million times, wiht the heretige Buick has they should use some of theuir classic car names, but on their cars. As far as these SUVs/Minivans/Crossovers I'm glad they're not tarnishing any old manes but for god's sake WTF call it Enclave? :huh:
As far as the Lucerne it SHOULD have been called something else, not to mention it's Wrong Wheel Drive. *sigh*

[post="46686"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I feel Buick is moving in the right direction. I have no problems with the names Enclave or Lucerne. Buick may need more focus but one thing Buick is good at is attracting buyers that don't shop the rest of GM.

GM should not offer the same product attracting the same demographic in every division. Each GM division needs to be focused and continue to attract a different type of buyer. Considering your taste, wants, and expectations, I don't feel Buick is the right GM brand to find what you're looking for or expect it either.

GM needs as much positive buzz possible so the Enclave Debut should be at Detroit but I am not feeling any of Buick's new names. For the life of me I don't understand why GM is so insensate on changing the names of sucessful nameplates. What was so wrong with LaSabre or Park Avenue? Plus if GM feels that those names bring up old age then the problem is not LaSabre or Park Avenue it is the name "Buick" itself that brings old age to mind!!

enclave: a distinct territorial, cultural, or social unit enclosed within or as if within foreign territory (from Vulgar Latin inclavare to lock up, from Latin in- + clavis key )

This name sucks. At best, I picture a well groomed gated community. Mostly, I picture Israelis in the occuppied territories.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Enclave has a certain ring to it but it's just a bad name for Buick.... damnit they are focused on making damn crossovers again instead of just making a 300C competitor already. The Lucerne is not doig it for me.... yes I stood up for it when Croc was bashing it but I do not and will not ever get excited at a Lucerne. It' a freekin 2000 Maxima wiht a waterfall grille. Those fog lights look like tumors and the rear and venti-ports are decent at best. Now we get another SUV when the Raineer and Randezvous are both already rednundant compared to the rest of the GM lineup. Maybe the Enclave will diferentiate itself better but it's still nothing to get excited about for a fan of classic Buicks. When I finally get a '59 Buick and I'm considering a new car down the line the LaCrosse, Lucerne or any other new Buick will not even be in the running. A quite cabin and lexus quality is no excuse to make an uninspired and mediocre product. To me RWD be damned the last real Buick was the Park Avenue Ultra. Not as cool as the '96 Roadmaster but still a great product wiht fantastic styling.

Please explain how you conclude that the Rendezvous - a consistant solid-seller since its introduction - is redundant in the GM lineup.

[post="53094"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I gotta side with Fly on this. There is no other 7 seat crossover from GM right now besides the Rendezvous. The closest thing out there was the SRX and it is a totally different animal aimed at different buyer.