Sign in to follow this  
Satty

Retro cell phone

10 posts in this topic

Satty    338

I'd love to see someone make a retro cell phone. I want to be able to pull my sim card out of my Blackjack and put it into a modern Motorola brick phone. Just for nostalgia sake, I'd also like to see Nokia re-introduce the 5165, those were fantastic. Green screens and button lights, those awesome faceplates that could be switched quickly and cheaply, they were just awesome!

Holy crap! My prayers = answered

Edited by Satty

Camino LS6    866

Had one of the originals (and a bag phone too).

They were huge, but they worked better than today's micro-models.

And they could double as a weapon! :AH-HA_wink:

Satty    338

My mom had a brick phone that she refused to give up for the longest time. When my dad was working asa charter bus driver, his boss had a bag phone that usually stayed in one of the buses. I was in awe of it the first time I saw it (keep in mine I was like 10) because it was so freaking cool. It looked like a regular old bag, but when you opened it up, BAM! it was a phone. And it weighed a ton.

Camino, if you still have that bag phone, it may be worth a few bucks.

Camino LS6    866
My mom had a brick phone that she refused to give up for the longest time. When my dad was working asa charter bus driver, his boss had a bag phone that usually stayed in one of the buses. I was in awe of it the first time I saw it (keep in mine I was like 10) because it was so freaking cool. It looked like a regular old bag, but when you opened it up, BAM! it was a phone. And it weighed a ton.

Camino, if you still have that bag phone, it may be worth a few bucks.

Long gone.

fightingbee    2

Motelona FTW! :D Seriously though, if you have T-Mobile (i.e. 1900 MHz PCS service, AT&T is mostly only 850MHz) you could also find a old Nokia 5190 that would accept a SIM and took all the colored faceplates. I had one from '00-'04, it was a great phone. I 'donated' mine away back then, i'm sure they sell for almost nothing on eBay anymore.

My mom's first cell phone was a Motorola MicroTAC, and that's always been my favorite design. My aunt still has one that she uses.

Paolino    99

Zach Morris... paging Zach Morris...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this