Intrepidation

TaB

16 posts in this topic

So I bought a 12 pack of TaB several months ago because I've always been curious what it tasted like but they don't sell just 20 oz bottles or even 2 liters of the stuff. Tried one can. It tastes fine at first but then there's this...aftertaste...it's not pleasant. 11 cans have been sitting in the hall since then.

Fast forward to tonight. I'm eating pizza and there's no more soda. Milk/OJ/Eggnog do not go with pizza for me. So I've broken down and openedup a (cold) can of TaB. Joy. This time the aftertaste isn't as bad to me though.

Does anyone actually enjoy drinking it on a regular basis?

Edited by Dodgefan

No. If you want retro diet beverages, RC Cola's Diet Rite was the first palatable diet drink on the market--and it's far superior to TaB.

No. If you want retro diet beverages, RC Cola's Diet Rite was the first palatable diet drink on the market--and it's far superior to TaB.

Never tried RC either. Maybe for $h!s and grins I will.

My computer science teacher in HS ALWAYS had a can of TaB handy.

Matter of fact, so have other teachers of mine.

Must be a (female) teacher drink...

I think it's one of those cult drinks like Moxie. It takes a special kind of person to drink it regularly.

my aunt used to drink tab when she was on the prowl

THIRTY FIVE YEARS AGO

The TaB we have is a pink energy drink which is pitched to chicks.

I haven't had the real TaB, but I have had the pleasure of drinking Mr. PiBB.

The TaB we have is a pink energy drink which is pitched to chicks.

I haven't had the real TaB, but I have had the pleasure of drinking Mr. PiBB.

Fake Dr. Pepper?

You think beer tastes like piss and you drink TaB? :huh:

Try ICB, 1919 or Killebrew root beer if you want a non-alcoholic, carbonated beverage.

I said I wanted to try it. :P

ICB or IBC?

IBC. Sorry, made a mistake. :ph34r:

I've had IBC. It's pretty good. I really like Gott (or is it Gotts) sodas, but I haven't seen it in a few years, and I don't even see anything about it on the interwebs.

Sioux City makes good root beer/Sarsaparilla, and birch beer. However I've only seen it once and that was at a gas station in KS.

My preference in root beer starts with Stewarts, and if I can't get Stewarts root beer then I go for A&W. No others - that's it for me!! :cheers:

l-02-rb.jpg

logo_aw.gif

My preference in root beer starts with Stewarts, and if I can't get Stewarts root beer then I go for A&W. No others - that's it for me!! :cheers:

l-02-rb.jpg

logo_aw.gif

Can't remember if I've had Stewarts before, but A&W is really good, the best of the mainstream root beers. It has a very smooth taste to it.

I drank TAB back in the days before Diet Coke came along. It had Saccharine (the old cancer-causing stuff before NutraSweet came along) and it was an acquired taste. I haven't seen the old Tab in years but I did have a can of Tab Energy a few years back (free at a car show, I think).

An aunt of mine was always a soda enthusiast. TAB in the pink can was her drink until Diet Coke came out. I think the old TAB was a Coke product... not sure if the newer version is.

An aunt of mine was always a soda enthusiast. TAB in the pink can was her drink until Diet Coke came out. I think the old TAB was a Coke product... not sure if the newer version is.

Still is. I was bored and looked it up. TaB was Coke's fiet version back when they didn't want any other products to have the Coke name. Diet Coke was originally going to be TaB's new formula but they decided to call it Diet Coke instead and left TaB as is. It's changed over the years with new sweeteners. IT doesn't sell that much and has like no advertising, but apparently enough people drink it to justify its continued existence.

Gotta love wiki. :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor