New GM Truck Ads

so im watching the BCS national championship game and i cant help but notice all ford trucks and the dodge truck ads for the ramchallenge.com but then... GM truck ads come on too. calling out toyota and dodge on fuel economy for their full size trucks. i looked on youtube but didnt find them yet. anyone else see those ads too?

I didn't see that one, but I did catch a TV commercial for the Chevrolet Traverse, in which a, I think it was, Toyota SUV was parked nearby and the premise of the spot was that some little girl wanted a "grown-up" or "big girl" vehicle... the Traverse. It was better than I'm able to describe it :)

I didn't see that one, but I did catch a TV commercial for the Chevrolet Traverse, in which a, I think it was, Toyota SUV was parked nearby and the premise of the spot was that some little girl wanted a "grown-up" or "big girl" vehicle... the Traverse. It was better than I'm able to describe it :)

It was a "big girl" seat - they were referencing the seats in the 2nd & 3rd rows in the Traverse are "adult" sized, whereas the Toyota offers these "tiny" little seats (the commercial shows a child's booster seat in the Traverse's adult-sized seat).

There's at least 2-3 of these Traverse vs. it's competition commercials being aired right now. They're all pretty good IMHO.

yeah one was a guy in a new ram backs into howie's efe silverado and he walks up to the guys window. he's like im really sorry; oh no happens all the time... is that a heated steering wheel?

the other is by far the best. has a guy in a bubba hat and a vest talking with a deep voice saying how his is the trucker's truck, then howie mention's silverado gets 21 hwy and he asks what the toyota gets... with its v6. the guy has a squeaky voice and all then.

It was a "big girl" seat - they were referencing the seats in the 2nd & 3rd rows in the Traverse are "adult" sized, whereas the Toyota offers these "tiny" little seats (the commercial shows a child's booster seat in the Traverse's adult-sized seat).

There's at least 2-3 of these Traverse vs. it's competition commercials being aired right now. They're all pretty good IMHO.

Yes. I've been seeing these, and this is my favorite kind of marketing for vehicles. Show the competitor and then show yours.

Cramming cargo into both a Pilot and a Traverse, with the unhappy people trying to slam the Honda's hatch shut on stuff hanging out as the Traverse people loading everything in and then just touching the button for the power hatch to close itself. Good points. Just like with the seating & space versus the Highlander.

And, finally, close with the better mpg ratings. I like these commercials and, at least IMHO, think they're most effective.

This is the marketing GM has sorely lacked.

They could not use this advertisinf 10 years ago but today with the better product they can. It is time to name names and call out the compitition where you are better and show it.

As quality is on the rise then eed to maket where they are better their too.

The key points in product marketing is Mileage, Quality and Value. GM needs to beat these into the public image of their products. The days of showing cool imagry and cool places is no longer effective. You can show a Cowboy chasing cows with a pick up in the mud but the calling out Toyota on mileage is much more effective in the information craved society.

Pluse I am glad they kept Howie. You cant go wrong with Howie He appeals to women and he is a man's man. Even he can make the Traverse seem cool. GM could use him as a GM spokesman and not just Chevy.

I also think they should try to get Clint Eastwood as a Voice over. He also has great appeal to many. He was a Olds man in his later Dirty Harry years.