Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

So.....The O.C. is Going HOME...!

The O.C.

Well, the great Las Vegas experiment is coming to an end! I've decided to go home.....and resurrect my life in southern California.....

^_^

Basically, ever since The Big Crash that began back in October, I haven't been able to make the kind of money I need to pay 'da bills....and I'm too far behind on my mortgage to keep hoping and hoping that next month will be the month things turn around. I don't have that luxury any more.

I made AWESOME money in June, July, August, and even decent money in September. If that trend had continued, I'd probably not be leaving. However, I have a few GREAT opportunities back in Orange County that are offering greater income potential than what I'm realizing right now at a Cadillac dealership....in Las Vegas....and I need that to get caught up.

My tenent's lease is up in May, so until then I'll stay with friends for a few months in the O.C. Then, I'll move back into my house.

I have to say.....the thought of now being able to go home has been hitting me emotionally pretty strongly. Until I made the decision to go back to CA recently, I hadn't really come to grips with the loss of leaving everything I had....to come to Las Vegas for this opportunity. I guess I was too excited.....but you know, Las Vegas did provide me something that I really needed last year (a job...LOL) and so it was definitely worth the experience.

But this morning, driving to work, ironically, "Sailing" by Christopher Cross came on the radio and I was overwhelmed with emotion........thinking about being back in CA........overlooking the ocean, seeing the boats on the horizon........thinking about cruising up and down PCH........Cars & Coffee with my friend Kurt every Saturday morning in Irvine........all my friends that I haven't (physically) had in my life the last 8 months........Sunday brunches at Coyote Grill in Laguna........Thursday nights at Opahs talking cars and men........being home, in my house........and so much more........all the things that were important to me, and still are.

My whole support group is there. I never realized how truly important that really is in one's life. It's been a tough last year and a half.....with many downs, but honestly enough ups that I've survived.....and I know I will prosper again. So wish me luck....I know I'll need it.....

Edited by The O.C.

. . . home . . . GREAT opportunities . . . friends . . . all the things that were important to me, and still are.

I truly believe that EVERYONE needs to have joy and hope in their life, and it sounds like your return to California has provided that. Best of luck to you!

I truly believe that EVERYONE needs to have joy and hope in their life, and it sounds like your return to California has provided that. Best of luck to you!

Thanks!

And you know.....it's not like I wasn't happy here, or didn't have joy.....but it has made me realize how much I do miss those things in my life that perhaps I took just a little bit much for granted.....

that is the voice of a peaceful decision.

and those are good ones. i always have great respect for those that chase what feels right.

a toast to good decisions.

Thanks man...... :cheers:

No decision like this is ever easy......and telling my close friend (and GM, and roommate) is not going to be easy. I'm planning on having the talk tonight.

I just don't know if I have any other choice.

My ex did make a good point....If I'm gonna struggle, better to struggle at home. And boy is he right......

that is the voice of a peaceful decision.

The peaceful ones are always the right ones.

Las Vegas seems to have been a "pit stop" for many. I only know one person who went there from So. Cal. and stayed. Everyone else moved on.

Good luck, OC.

The peaceful ones are always the right ones.

Las Vegas seems to have been a "pit stop" for many. I only know one person who went there from So. Cal. and stayed. Everyone else moved on.

Good luck, OC.

Thanks man.

You know.....it didn't need to be a "pit-stop"......I was happy here.....when I was making money and supporting myself. But I never imagined October and November would happen (the auto industry crash) like it did......now I am in recovery mode....and that is first-and-foremost.

(Being home around my 10-year long support network doesn't hurt either....)

I hear you. I've moved around Southern Ontario a lot in my life so far, but I can't imagine leaving it altogether. Too many people here that I would miss...

Well, I'm all for trying new things.....for a good opportunity. But in the end, I have a serious financial challenge to live up to....and if the potential is there to make more money right now, I have almost no other choice than to give it a shot.

There's no guarantee that staying here will allow me to see a good enough uptick in business either......but the opportunity I have there is a part of the industry that is seemingly much less cyclical.....

In no way will I be returning to CA with my tail-between-my-legs......I'm glad to have had this opportunity.

I was in Orange County for 10 years......before that, the Bay Area for 2 years.....10 years anywhere makes it pretty much home....

That's right...those were your Walnut Creek days...those people who think Northern California is better than Southern California can't admit that Walnut Creek/Lafayette is pretty boring compared to Orange County.

That's right...those were your Walnut Creek days...those people who think Northern California is better than Southern California can't admit that Walnut Creek/Lafayette is pretty boring compared to Orange County.

Yup....actually Danville....but it's all pretty much the same......Walnut Creek/Danville/San Ramon.

Yeah, I TOTALLY enjoy life in Orange County alot more. Perhaps it's the proximity to the Coast (the East Bay is quite a ways inland) or having San Diego an hour south and L.A. 45 minutes north.....

The East Bay is pretty damn sleepy. It seems if you want any sort of meaningful nightlife or fine dining, you always had to go into San Francisco. Now don't get me wrong....I loved going into San Francisco. But the nice thing about O.C. is there is so much to do there....you don't HAVE to go to L.A. or San Diego. You CAN go if you want....but there's plenty to do right outside your front door.

That being said, Danville was a very beautiful place to live.....and had MUCH better weather than The City.....(no fog, sunny skies, warm temps) but even then, the weather in coastal O.C. is better still.....none of the extremes that can be felt in the inland East Bay (100's in the summer, dipping into the 30's in the winter.)

Plus, there is simply an energy in southern California/Los Angeles that's missing, even up in San Francisco. It's a "crowded-freeways-at-3am" kind of energy.....or a "New York City" kind of energy......I guess just alot sprouts up from all the stuff that goes on in southern California.

I always thought the northern Californians were always kindof jealous of that.....

I always thought the northern Californians were always kindof jealous of that.....

No, they think they're superior...but, I agree, I think they're jealous. Plus, they can be too PC and tightly wound compared to the SoCal mindset...I don't resonate with the "gotta love everybody" Berkeley mentality.

So you must have been making some change to be living in Danville... :lol:

No, they think they're superior...but, I agree, I think they're jealous. Plus, they can be too PC and tightly wound compared to the SoCal mindset...I don't resonate with the "gotta love everybody" Berkeley mentality.

So you must have been making some change to be living in Danville... :lol:

Danville/San Ramon/Walnut Creek was pretty much a more conservative enclave for the Bay Area......closest thing San Francisco had to an Irvine/Mission Viejo kind-of-area.

So it wasn't that bad.....but yeah, you scoot over to Bezerkly, Oaktown, and The City, and boy watch out....the activists will get you!

It didn't really bother me all that much....it was more entertaining than anything......but the constant "Southern California" or "L.A." bashing did get VERY old.....

My whole support group is there. I never realized how truly important that really is in one's life.

*nods*

Support is powerful. Sometimes, I think people under-rate it ... until they realize what all they miss when they are not living near their support group. Plus, it can be tough to "keep in touch".....

Good luck on moving back, OC.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Gonna do my very best" ... ABBA ... 'Take A Chance On Me'