I NEED YOUR HELP -- CAR VANDALIZED

Croc

So I was parked outside of my bros' Theta Chi house @ USC, and in the hour I was there, someone broke off pieces of the address on the front of the house, and afterward walked on my ALUMINUM hood, and my steel roof and rear decklid, causing scratches and dents.

A report was filed with USC Dept. of Public Safety (DPS), and in surveying the damage, a shoe print was visible on the roof. I have pictures of it, and it would mean so f@#king much to me if you guys could help me in identifying what kind of show caused this. I have an idea of who may have done this, and this kind of information would be most helpful to DPS in their investigation as well.

Here are the pictures, and from the logo seen in the center of the shoe print, it looks like a Quicksilver logo to me--but I'm not 100%. On the plus side, it's definitely a shoe tread, and not a flip flop, so that narrows things down a bit. I would greatly appreciate any and all help anyone can provide since I would love to have my Aurora fixed and the responsible party forced to PAY UP!

Here's the link, since I couldn't figure out how to attach the photos directly to the document. Again, any and all help would be appreciated!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35434280@N07/show/

Edited by Croc

Oh man, sorry this has happened, Croc. Nothing pisses me off more than vandalism. I cannot help with the shoe print, but I wish you luck in finding the asshole. Will you be posting photos of the damage? Aluminum is difficult to repair if there is too much damage... I'm guessing you'll need a new hood (if your insurance company insists on used, make sure the used hood doesn't have that insidious aluminum corrosion problem around the underside edges where the upper and lower panels are crimped together).

Thanks! My preference is to avoid going through insurance altogether (don't want my premium raised). The aluminum hood was brand new after a collision Autumn 2007, but the roof and decklid already were dented from a hail storm and never repaired by the previous owner. But there was a new dent created by the vandal, and scratches/a dent on the rear decklid where a shoe print had been, but then wiped off.

The dents are honestly pretty hard to notice--very slight. But this isn't the first act of vandalism against Theta Chi at USC (in fact, the night prior a rock was thrown through one of our windows, narrowly missing several people playing pool, and we pretty much know who did it).

This is just MY car getting STEPPED ON. So I will do all I can to screw over the dude who did it. And hey, if I get a completely dent-free roof and decklid (and hood) out of the deal, my car would be in better condition than when I bought it, and it was pretty good! So yeah...The Croc is vindictive and out for blood (figuratively...more like money). Don't mess with The Croc. :angry:

Plus the DPS officer told me to keep my ears open in case I hear anything because the people I/we suspect are starting to get more than a couple cases against them, and are in jeopardy of getting in trouble with the University.

Edited by Croc

Sorry to hear this croc, what kind of car do you have? I don't know what kind of shoe that is, but looks like the guy was pigeon toed, I noticed there is no real heel showing on the print ...

This kind of vandalism sucks ...

2001 Aurora 3.5

This print was from the roof of the car, so I'm guessing he was stepping up to it, and then down onto the rear decklid, so his whole foot wouldn't have come in contact with it anyway.

Honestly, I just wanna identify that logo in the middle of the print (best shown in photos 4-6). I feel like if I have that, I could much more easily locate the shoe, and then start profiling accordingly.

Edited by Croc

It looks like an "N" and a NIKE swoosh...

I concur...that is a Nike Swoosh and an N...pretty damned certain. The police should be able to run that shoe through a database of prints and pinpoint the exact model of shoe it is from. That is a pretty clear image.

I hate vandals, so I hope you catch the prick(s) that did this. I hope they get vandalized themselves

Wow, that sux. :( Hope you make the guilty party PAY. :fryingpan:

it looks like a Quicksilver logo to me--but I'm not 100%.

I'm pretty sure I see a NIKE logo...?

That sucks. I hope you find the guy and get your car fixed. I know I would flip $h! if someone vandalized my car.

Oh yeah, I am/was pissed. But my bros really started running at the mouth when I discovered it, and I wish they'd taken my cue of keeping my voice low, reporting EVERYTHING to the DPS officer, and not making a big scene. The people I suspect I am sure know I'm onto them already, which is unfortunate. But I doubt they know the extent to which I'm onto them, which is cool by me.

Holy crap, Croc ... that sucks.

Sure hope you find the people responsible....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...W Grill meal = 02/28/09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Just another regret" ... All-American Rejects ... 'Dirty Little Secret'