Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
z28luvr01

SAAB Files for Bankruptcy

12 posts in this topic

Hopefully GM will restructure Saab and keep it as a part of the company (kind of like GME or Holden are/were independent, but still part of GM)

I think losing Saab is a VERY bad thing for GM's potential growth around the globe.

Hopefully GM will restructure Saab and keep it as a part of the company (kind of like GME or Holden are/were independent, but still part of GM)

I think losing Saab is a VERY bad thing for GM's potential growth around the globe.

What will GM miss most? The less than 40k car sales, or the constant loss of money? (Don't worry, the same pretty much applies to my fav brand too, and I too would like to think it could be made into something if they'd just manage the brand right...)

This will move GM 1 step closer to getting rid of Saab, which is a good thing. Saab is a waste of GM's time, energy, and money. All the work that has gone into Saab since GM 1st got involved could have been used to help a stronger brand like Chevrolet or Buick keep/expand their customer base. I say better late then never.

If GM hadn't wasted years giving Saab half ass products like the 9-2 and 9-7, and letting the rest rot on the vine, Maybe Saab would actually make a profit. I hope Saab is spun off because I bet they could do a hell of a lot better on their own.

If GM hadn't wasted years giving Saab half ass products like the 9-2 and 9-7, and letting the rest rot on the vine, Maybe Saab would actually make a profit. I hope Saab is spun off because I bet they could do a hell of a lot better on their own.

This.

I am half-hoping/half-praying they find a decent strategic partner, but things must be very, very difficult over there right now...

Edited by ZL-1

I agree with this, I also think it's the best thing for Opel too.

Now I see GMDAT has gone hat in hand to the Korean government, to me it seems Camino is correct, the Fat Lady is in the wings and is warming up to sing ...

Perhaps Saab, Opel, Holden and Daewoo all need to be free of GMNA ...

I agree with this, I also think it's the best thing for Opel too.

Now I see GMDAT has gone hat in hand to the Korean government, to me it seems Camino is correct, the Fat Lady is in the wings and is warming up to sing ...

Perhaps Saab, Opel, Holden and Daewoo all need to be free of GMNA ...

Well, this is going to get interesting....

Yeah. The half-assed attempt to turn them into a Swedish luxo-rival to the Germans hasn't helped any either. Many modern SAABs just don't feel quite the same as their predecessors. That said, I like the 9-3X quite a lot.

saab as a brand has so much potential.

it pains me to see people buy toyotas and subarus and such and other makers lose their lunch.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0