Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris_Doane

Someone must die...

40 posts in this topic

Doesn't get much more intentional looking than this. The shape of a door edge is pretty easy to see in the impression and it's obviously too deep to be an "oops" tap.

crease.jpg

crease2.jpg

$100 says it was a Ford engineer

Yea...not really in the mood for jokes about it right now :P

A door in the back bumper? That's random/odd (intentional?)!

I feel your pain!

(You didn't back up into something, right?)

A door in the back bumper? That's random/odd (intentional?)!

I feel your pain!

(You didn't back up into something, right?)

Nah I would've been on here cussing myself out had I backed into something. Just really seems like someone came along and said "Im going to f@#k up that car!"

You didn't park really close to someone did you? Or do something to piss someone off?

I was with a buddy once and some asshole parked his beat old car right up against my buddy's car...maybe 5 inches separating the two cars. He had to get in from the passenger side. Needless to say my buddy left a nice little note in the form of slamming his door into the car. (He has a jeep liberty which he cares little about...didn't damage his door, but left a nice mark on the other car.)

Sorry to see that though. That blows.

You didn't park really close to someone did you? Or do something to piss someone off?

Nope. If anything I try to park away from other people.

Hey there is red paint on my Grand Prix's purple door ... :smilewide:

Must be just a coincidence ... :P

You know better than to be in Detroit these days. And also...you just know better period.

Tried that too, beyond the benefit of the exercise component, it seems to conspicuously cause the vehicle to stand out.

But isn't that what some are seeking?

Enjoy the conundrum and get a horse I suppose.

You know better than to be in Detroit these days. And also...you just know better period.

I feel your pain Chris, I honestly don't know if I would be able to stop myself from beating a person from within an inch of their life if they hit any of my vehicles ... My wife says, it's just a car ... To me it's a family member ... That and the fact of lack of respect for someone else's property really makes me angry ... Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry ... :smilewide:

Detroit, nah ... I'm in Texas visiting my family ...

I feel your pain Chris, I honestly don't know if I would be able to stop myself from beating a person from within an inch of their life if they hit any of my vehicles ... My wife says, it's just a car ... To me it's a family member ... That and the fact of lack of respect for someone else's property really makes me angry ... Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry ... :smilewide:

QFT!

Sorry to see that this happened, CD.

QFT x2!

Sorry about the car Chris, I know how you feel and our cars aren't even brand new. If I had caught the prick in the stolen Integra that damaged both of our cars....

*bodyshop hat* Is the gray lower portion of the bumper textured? I cannot tell from the photo. If so, no repair for that... replace only. The red part can be fixed of course.

Some ppl are assh*les, Mr. Doane. This would piss me off no end.

Me too.

Detroit, nah ... I'm in Texas visiting my family ...

QFT *3

*bodyshop hat* Is the gray lower portion of the bumper textured? I cannot tell from the photo. If so, no repair for that... replace only. The red part can be fixed of course.

Some ppl are assh*les, Mr. Doane. This would piss me off no end.

Well the gray part is smooth. I figured it would be replacement on both..?

Well the gray part is smooth. I figured it would be replacement on both..?

I was recently reading about plastic bumper repair, and I'm amazed by what they can do. I'm tempted to try to repair the little nicks and scrapes in my bumper.

Judging from your pictures, I would say a good bodyshop would fix both pieces quite easily.

If the gray portion is smooth and painted, then yes by all means repair it. If it is molded in color there is prolly no paint code for it, so it would be best to replace. The red portion is easily repairable. Mr. Doane, it would be better to fix what you have because it has the factory finish on it. A new red portion would have to be completely painted, it does not come in color (only some Volvos come factory painted that I have been aware of). It is best to retain as much of your factory finish as possible.

I remember when I bought the Prizm's replacement bumper it had dimple on it in one corner. The body shop popped it out and you'd never know it had been dented.

This is an indentation though, something that won't "pop out". It will have to be ground, filled, sanded, primed and painted.

okie dokie smokey

Meh...just put a bumper sticker over it.. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room