Someone must die...

A door in the back bumper? That's random/odd (intentional?)!

I feel your pain!

(You didn't back up into something, right?)

Nah I would've been on here cussing myself out had I backed into something. Just really seems like someone came along and said "Im going to f@#k up that car!"

You didn't park really close to someone did you? Or do something to piss someone off?

I was with a buddy once and some asshole parked his beat old car right up against my buddy's car...maybe 5 inches separating the two cars. He had to get in from the passenger side. Needless to say my buddy left a nice little note in the form of slamming his door into the car. (He has a jeep liberty which he cares little about...didn't damage his door, but left a nice mark on the other car.)

Sorry to see that though. That blows.

Nope. If anything I try to park away from other people.

Tried that too, beyond the benefit of the exercise component, it seems to conspicuously cause the vehicle to stand out.

But isn't that what some are seeking?

Enjoy the conundrum and get a horse I suppose.

You know better than to be in Detroit these days. And also...you just know better period.

I feel your pain Chris, I honestly don't know if I would be able to stop myself from beating a person from within an inch of their life if they hit any of my vehicles ... My wife says, it's just a car ... To me it's a family member ... That and the fact of lack of respect for someone else's property really makes me angry ... Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry ... :smilewide:

Detroit, nah ... I'm in Texas visiting my family ...

I feel your pain Chris, I honestly don't know if I would be able to stop myself from beating a person from within an inch of their life if they hit any of my vehicles ... My wife says, it's just a car ... To me it's a family member ... That and the fact of lack of respect for someone else's property really makes me angry ... Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry ... :smilewide:

QFT!

Sorry to see that this happened, CD.

QFT x2!

Sorry about the car Chris, I know how you feel and our cars aren't even brand new. If I had caught the prick in the stolen Integra that damaged both of our cars....

*bodyshop hat* Is the gray lower portion of the bumper textured? I cannot tell from the photo. If so, no repair for that... replace only. The red part can be fixed of course.

Some ppl are assh*les, Mr. Doane. This would piss me off no end.

Detroit, nah ... I'm in Texas visiting my family ...

QFT *3

*bodyshop hat* Is the gray lower portion of the bumper textured? I cannot tell from the photo. If so, no repair for that... replace only. The red part can be fixed of course.

Some ppl are assh*les, Mr. Doane. This would piss me off no end.

Well the gray part is smooth. I figured it would be replacement on both..?

Well the gray part is smooth. I figured it would be replacement on both..?

I was recently reading about plastic bumper repair, and I'm amazed by what they can do. I'm tempted to try to repair the little nicks and scrapes in my bumper.

Judging from your pictures, I would say a good bodyshop would fix both pieces quite easily.

If the gray portion is smooth and painted, then yes by all means repair it. If it is molded in color there is prolly no paint code for it, so it would be best to replace. The red portion is easily repairable. Mr. Doane, it would be better to fix what you have because it has the factory finish on it. A new red portion would have to be completely painted, it does not come in color (only some Volvos come factory painted that I have been aware of). It is best to retain as much of your factory finish as possible.

That sucks.

Although do not assume it's too deep/hard to be accidental,

many people are just THAT stupid/oblivious.

oh... that was your car? ....sorry

Your insurance going up because of that is complete bull$h!! threaten them that your switching if they raise rates. when your threatening them imagine a Peterbuilt semi plowing you car into a concrete building at 70mph and the driver of the truck was an ex that you hate. when you talk to them make sure that vein in your head is sticking out and pulsating.

You mean your Priddy Small? Nope, not jealous of the little guy.:smilewide:

Now, now, the only little guy you see is when you look at yourself in the mirror ... :P By the way can you see over the steering wheel of your itty bitty Chevy Cobalt or will you be moving down to the Aveo to accomplish that feat? :neenerneener:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S