Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

New York: Mitsubishi Outlander GT Prototype gets a EVOplasty snarl

8 posts in this topic

mitsu-outlander-gt-concept-580.jpg

Mitsubishi's Outlander GT Prototype vehicle isn't slated for a reveal until tomorrow morning, but we caught the raced-up crossover lurking uncovered in the darkness as the Japanese automaker was preparing for a run-through of tomorrow's presentation.

As you can plainly see, the concept vehicle is essentially a lowered Outlander that's been given a bit of Evoplasty up front. The new mouth breather look is significantly more aggressive than the current happy-faced model, but changes beyond that are minimal, including OZ split-spoke wheels and a few badges.

While Mitsubishi has yet to announce that this new face will make it to production, the handwriting and spy photos are on the wall for the aggressive new look to become a brand hallmark, what with the recent introduction of the production Lancer Ralliart Sportback sporting a similar front graphic. The fact that this is called a "prototype" and not a concept is a further clue in Mitsu's production intent.

No word yet on what (if any) modifications have been performed under the skin, but a quick peek inside before the press conference rehearsal began seemed to indicate a stock leather-lined interior. We'll keep you in the loop as we learn more, but for now, enjoy the gallery below and the preview press release after the jump.

Autoblog

That revised front is an even more awkward addition to an already awkward looking vehicle.

those gaping grills remind me more of audi's..... it certainly more agressive... that is all

So, the jacked up wagon version of the Lancer gets a Lancer nose?

Meh.

The Lancer snout works great for a car, but not for an SUV. It's just too big.

As much of a fan as I am of the EVO... (Seriously, I really like that little car! It's everything an entry level Pontiac should be, great looks and all)

I can't say that I like this... It's just too weird.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0