C&G Downtime Notice

Would you rather us stay on the same crappy host or keep working towards improving the site's usability? :P

We seem to go through a lot of crappy hosts...What makes you think the new host will be "the one?" Granted, how many more hosts are available out there that we haven't tried? I'm sure you'll eventually get it right. :P

To be honest, the site has been stable for me lately. Don't see why there needs to be a change.

We seem to go through a lot of crappy hosts...What makes you think the new host will be "the one?" Granted, how many more hosts are available out there that we haven't tried? I'm sure you'll eventually get it right. :P

To be honest, the site has been stable for me lately. Don't see why there needs to be a change.

There are A LOT (hundreds if not thousands) of hosts, and not all are created equal. This host is different because it is scalable, which means we can upsize or downsize the space we need depending on traffic...it's flexible.

Because when we have big traffic upswings like we did a few weeks back it overloads our current CPU quota and the site goes down....that doesn't encourage new people to keep coming back.

There are A LOT (hundreds if not thousands) of hosts, and not all are created equal. This host is different because it is scalable, which means we can upsize or downsize the space we need depending on traffic...it's flexible.

Because when we have big traffic upswings like we did a few weeks back it overloads our current CPU quota and the site goes down....that doesn't encourage new people to keep coming back.

I was being sarcastic.

If you'd like. You can check out where we are moving to. VPS.net

They are a sister company of our current host so we're changing servers but not changing companies. We are too big for the current plan we are on but to move up to VPS.net requires an involved move.

If you'd like. You can check out where we are moving to. VPS.net

They are a sister company of our current host so we're changing servers but not changing companies. We are too big for the current plan we are on but to move up to VPS.net requires an involved move.

Gotcha...I underestimated the size/growth of C&G a bit I suppose.

Gotcha...I underestimated the size/growth of C&G a bit I suppose.

Of course, I wonder if 90% of the posts are from a couple dozen or so regular posters... now the % of clicks on individual topics by those posters is another stat..

Edited by Cubical