Apparently ugly is contagious

Fact A: the new Camry is an ugly, bloated looking whale of a car.

Fact B: they are building Camrys in the Subaru plant in Lafayette, IN, the same plant where they build the Legacy/Outback (and Tribeca)

I present to you evidence that ugly is contagious among cars built in the same plant. Subaru legacy, previous & current gen side by side.

post-1379-1241111284_thumb.jpg

post-1379-1241111298_thumb.jpg

Edited by PurdueGuy

WOW, This baby of a Whale does look like the Camry, yet it will sell due to that Asian loving Consumer Reports will talk it up and say it is great unlike their hate for all American Auto's.

WOW, this thing is a boat now and anyone with common sense will say that looks like the aborted sybling of the camry

A pity, the outgoing legacy sedan and outback wagon are of my my favorites in the midsize segment.

The new one looks like an EPIC_FAIL attempt at copying Infiniti and the back looks like a failed attempt at copying the Sonata.

So there you go Olds, they did both.

A pity, the outgoing legacy sedan and outback wagon are of my my favorites in the midsize segment.

The new one looks like an EPIC_FAIL attempt at copying Infiniti and the back looks like a failed attempt at copying the Sonata.

So there you go Olds, they did both.

Considering that they are hurting for being able to create their own vehicles and really have very little manufacturing of their own, this could be the Death Bell for them as an auto company. I could see someone buying them up for their technology and just making Subaru a part of Auto History.

Suburu may at some point go the way of Olds, Plymouth, Studebaker, and Pierce-Arrow.

Many of the smaller Japanese companies are really strugling. Mitsu is just operated here as a tax write off...if Japanese tax laws ever change, they may stop bringing cars here altogether.

Chris

Fact A: the new Camry is an ugly, bloated looking whale of a car.

Fact B: they are building Camrys in the Subaru plant in Lafayette, IN, the same plant where they build the Legacy/Outback (and Tribeca)

I present to you evidence that ugly is contagious among cars built in the same plant. Subaru legacy, previous & current gen side by side.

Other than the 370Z, the IS-F, and the Miata, all current Japanese cars look about like the bloated ass of a 500 lb. person.

Maybe they get their design inspiration from dead Sumo wrestlers?

Chris

Other than the 370Z, the IS-F, and the Miata, all current Japanese cars look about like the bloated ass of a 500 lb. person.

Maybe they get their design inspiration from dead Sumo wrestlers?

Chris

:rotflmao: Good One +1000lbs