Dealer hopping

I much prefer the sinister looks of the new Camaro in black, but I thought the Orange/black strip combo has some serious machismo to it. In the sunlight, the orange has a pearl metallic effect to it. It's really a beautiful color. The other Camaro I saw today was silver with the RS package.

The orange car is a 2SS and listed for $37K.

The Z06 listed for $77K

True but the overall design was nothing to talk about either.

Careful there buddy I have a 94 Z28 and I happen to like the look of it. :neenerneener:

I much prefer the sinister looks of the new Camaro in black, but I thought the Orange/black strip combo has some serious machismo to it. In the sunlight, the orange has a pearl metallic effect to it.

sort of reminds me of the oh so hard to find 2001 sunset orange metallic... what a color. ive seen it on firebirds, T/A's, and camaros. they even slapped it on silverados. theres a clemson u student i see time to time with a sunset orange silverado with the silver birch metallic 2 tone. sex on wheels.

projectcar1.jpg

newws6_1.jpg

hppp_0904_08_z%2008_jim_emmel_trans_am_n

11299261158.261370034.IM1.04.565x421_A.5

i also like the sport gold metallic color they did back in 99

9556cedd.jpg

on a side note whilest lookin for the gold camaro pick i cam across a breakdown of rare camaro colors and production #'s for that year and color. check it fact horders. hehe

http://www.fbodyonline.com/forum/f26/4th-g...or-prod-s-4952/

Didn't click the link, but IIRC, they had to build a couple of cars in sport gold after the color was discontinued because of a contest. The way the rules were written, they couldn't get out of it.

Funny little tidbit.

yeap and thats actually in there, he states 5 cars were built for a days inn or holiday in contest. chevy had to paint em gold per the contract. of the 5 only 2 were won and the other 3 went to auction. one rumored to be a loss to totalled out.

I guess it's time I was a frequent after hours visitor at my local Chevrolet dealer. I have GOT to see this car!

the local dealership is on the way home if i take another route... went by last night 3 vettes no maros but they did have a panther black metallic G8 GT :wub:

We'll Lee Johnson Chevrolet just got their lone Camero in today.

Price: $27,945

Exterior: Black

Interior: Gray

Drive Wheels: RWD

Engine: 3.6L 6 cyl Fuel Injection

MSRP: Contact Us

Stock Number: C100001

VIN: 2G1FB1EV0A9102753

I bet they jack this up by 5 grand over the selling price. Maybe I will stop by and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple dealerships in this area have at least one Camaro. Maybe I'll grab some time tomorrow to go look at it. I really want to see it in person....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Happiness ain't never how you think it should be so" ... Duncan Sheik ... 'She Runs Away'