Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gm4life

Will this work on these?

21 posts in this topic

So my son got this Mothers brand Mag and Aluminum Polish but it says it won't work on coated aluminum surfaces... Anyone know if these wheels are coated? Here is my example to explain it clearly... Any help is most apperciated!

Will_This_Work.jpg

I thought those rims had a clear coat on them so then that version would not work as it is for non coated rims is my understanding.

I agree in thinking those are clearcoated and that stuff will prolly ruin them.

Um yeah.

I'm going to go "polish my muffler" if you know what I mean.

No, I have nothing useful to add.

I'm going to go "polish my muffler" if you know what I mean.

No, I have nothing useful to add.

LMAO, well I'll find a use for it. Then what can I use on these wheels?

Edited by gm4life

I would just use one of the "safe for all wheels" cleaners and a rag. You can wax them once totally clean if you have that kind of patience.

I would just use one of the "safe for all wheels" cleaners and a rag. You can wax them once totally clean if you have that kind of patience.

Maybe I'll just wax them, or run get some polish this weekend, for COATED wheels. Thanks for the advice.

LMAO, well I'll find a use for it. Then what can I use on these wheels?

They're clear-coated aluminum, so anything you would use on your regular paint regarding polishing and then sealing/waxing. As for the latter, it's typically best to use something that's pretty hearty and/or not just pure wax so it lasts with the heat and brake dust, etc., but polishing wise, just typical stuff for paint.

That stuff you do have is for uncoated polished wheels, bare aluminum, etc. or pieces like your muffler, tips, etc. Anything that's just the bare metal without a clear coat of paint or other varnish of sorts.

Edited by caddycruiser

isnt the muffler black on the impala?

I'll use it on my Bonneville exhaust tips then. I just need to find something to do with it, and get a produc that will work for my wheels on the LS.

They're clear-coated aluminum, so anything you would use on your regular paint regarding polishing and then sealing/waxing. As for the latter, it's typically best to use something that's pretty hearty and/or not just pure wax so it lasts with the heat and brake dust, etc., but polishing wise, just typical stuff for paint.

So anything I would use on my clear coat paint, works for me. What do you use on the G8's rims?

I'll use it on my Bonneville exhaust tips then. I just need to find something to do with it, and get a produc that will work for my wheels on the LS.

Why not just...you know...return it? Or sell it on eBay or something if you can't return it.

So anything I would use on my clear coat paint, works for me. What do you use on the G8's rims?

For me, just because I've used it for a while, Klasse AIO polish/sealant and then Klasse Sealant Glaze. It's sort of an abstract thing to say, as it's only orderable and not a store item, BUT to that extent just look for a quality polymer sealant and beforehand you can use any kind of paint polish (depending on how far you need to go with this, there are a lot of off the shelf options).

Basically, anything and everything you'd use on the paint, but for useful protection just stick to a polymer/sealant of some kind to finish them off that will stick around.

Why not just...you know...return it? Or sell it on eBay or something if you can't return it.

I got that stuff by mistake a few years ago, and was trying to find a use for it and be resourceful. I have used just a real little off the top.

Edited by gm4life

For me, just because I've used it for a while, Klasse AIO polish/sealant and then Klasse Sealant Glaze. It's sort of an abstract thing to say, as it's only orderable and not a store item, BUT to that extent just look for a quality polymer sealant and beforehand you can use any kind of paint polish (depending on how far you need to go with this, there are a lot of off the shelf options).

Basically, anything and everything you'd use on the paint, but for useful protection just stick to a polymer/sealant of some kind to finish them off that will stick around.

Thanks for the info caddycruiser.

bikes?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room