Should I?

Well, with all the crappy new lately (and it sucks to know that "other stuff" too), it makes me want to just get away from cars for a while.

One simple thing is stopping me- my Cavalier. Yes, a simple Cavvy......

Even though my plans to "speed" her up are done (just a waste of money with a family now), My buddy is working on his beater 03, which has me wanting to do a little "upgrading".

Granted, just wheels and tires, and few small goodies....it is amazing what a little work on your car will do.

I want my next project to a classic car (GM vintage), and find a car that will be a fun 1st classic car.....

I almost feel bad about spendin the money, but....gotta have some fun......

What about you guys? What kind of direction are you guys at?

You should know my stance. Put money into what you like. If you love it and plan to keep it for a long long time, money is a non issue regardless whether or not the car is "worth it".

New engine for my car, followed by wheels, followed by interior work, followed by repainting, and maybe some goodies from the 300M Special like the steering rack,sway bar, and brakes. Oh and dual exhaust.

Of course gotta have the funds for it, so one step at a time.

You should know my stance. Put money into what you like. If you love it and plan to keep it for a long long time, money is a non issue regardless whether or not the car is "worth it".

New engine for my car, followed by wheels, followed by interior work, followed by repainting, and maybe some goodies from the 300M Special like the steering rack,sway bar, and brakes. Oh and dual exhaust.

Of course gotta have the funds for it, so one step at a time.

Yep, and you make a good point DF. Another plus is that it's paid for....

What about you guys? What kind of direction are you guys at?

I'm trying to get a couple of housework items done on the Impala and trying not to think about it. I test drove a beautiful black DTS Lux II with Bench Seat recently and I'm really taken with it on all levels. I think maybe that's a car I'd be interested in buying if I could find one on the cheap in the future.

That being said go for what you want, like DF said.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

I am working on developing my driving skills and no longer being Captain slow at the local auto crosses. Last time out we did pretty well...

I am also thinking of building a kit car or street rod in the future, so I am trying to develop the tools (air compressor, hand tools, etc.) needed for the job.

Possibly taking some classes in automotive tech at my local community college...which will be almost free since my wife works there.

Want badly to buy both a diesel VW and a MINI...but want to pay cash and stay out of debt...so right now I am just chucking money away.

Chris

Well I bought two new cars in the past 4 weeks, these two will be auctioned off at Barrett Jacksons Car Auctions in 20 or 30 years ... Now I'm going to start collecting BMW's of my youth ... :smilewide:

The LAST EVAR!!!!!!!! G3 and a Solstice Targa?

I can't...and again, this is coming from someone who not only traded a 4 month old Malibu for a loaded G8 back in February, but also just dropped a couple of grand in re-doing the G8's suspension a week ago. All among other things. I absolutely, positively cannot. The one good thing about this is I love the G8 so much, I keep myself focused on the same car and only changing things with it...not trading for another, starting another loan over again, etc.

Well, you know, if only I had the budget to also have a couple of others...I would. Thankfully I still live comfortably in the bubble of being decently secure in what I'm doing, albeit looking for a big change before long.

Well I bought two new cars in the past 4 weeks, these two will be auctioned off at Barrett Jacksons Car Auctions in 20 or 30 years ... Now I'm going to start collecting BMW's of my youth ... :smilewide:

What was your other car besides the Solstice GXP Targa? You also have a GP GXP, so whats the other GXP?

What else did you pickup besides the Solstice coupe?

Its either a G6 or a G8. PCS has expressed his disdain for Holden and the G8 many times, and, as I recall, has stated that he'd never buy an American car not built in North America. But he said both cars would likely be headed for Barret-Jackson, which pretty much rules out the G6 because nobody, no matter how delusional, could believe the G6 will ever be considered a collector's item.

I am working on developing my driving skills and no longer being Captain slow at the local auto crosses. Last time out we did pretty well...

I am also thinking of building a kit car or street rod in the future, so I am trying to develop the tools (air compressor, hand tools, etc.) needed for the job.

Possibly taking some classes in automotive tech at my local community college...which will be almost free since my wife works there.

Want badly to buy both a diesel VW and a MINI...but want to pay cash and stay out of debt...so right now I am just chucking money away.

Chris

Cool...I've considered doing some auto-x with either my Cav or a 1st gen Neon....