Could you contain yourself?

Wow... that's a funny pic. but if it was my car Saab or not I'd be pissed. If it was just some random SAAB I happened to buy as a daily diver I'd be more pissed about the incovenience of a rental and the other bullshit associated with it. But as Aaaaantoine said: that's why the shops have insurance. BUT, imagine this was something I cared about like my '79 Coupe DeVille... I'd be pretty pissed off!

double post

Not being able to delete posts is what Toyota wants, do you want to give in to Toyota? The "Delete" function is American, dont sell yourselves to the land of the Rising Sun.

What he said...

Anyways, I'd be pissed too. I get pissed easily if you haven't noticed. If it was an accident, I'd eventually calm down. Otherwise I'd probably kill someone... literally. I don't like people messing with my property. Really don't....

How worthless of cars do you people drive that you would be happy with the shop wrecking it and collecting insurance money?

[post="50197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I wouldn't be happy. And my car's not worthless.

In fact, I'd be damn pissed. But instead of yelling and screaming and throwing crap around and stabbing people, I'd just say, "...You do realize you're going to have to fix that, right?"

Sometimes customers get angry over legitimate stuff and take a screwing anyhow. If this was one of my excellent non replaceable cars I would be very hot. If it was my Saab I would just get their insurance money. This stuff actually happens, My friend had his truck box mangled by slipping on one of these lifts. These mechanics need to make sure they have those pads where they are supposed to be not "close enough". Bend over and look you lazy have wrenches will travel. I dont let anybody work on my stuff, nothing, none of it. Stuff like alignments or tire changes I stay right by my car.

I've been on both sides of the counter myself, but I'd still be pissed.

Something similar happened to my first Beetle. It went in for its first earl change (a car doesn't have to be "broken" to go on a lift), and the earl change kid raised the car on the pseudo running boards (rocker panels) and crushed the right side. This was summer, '98, so the Beetle was all the rage at that point. Everybody wanted one.

The dealership traded me out of it and into a blue one... which was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Who knows what would have happened if this kid knew what he was doing and hadn't damaged my car.
<_< Edited by ocnblu

I've been on both sides of the counter myself, but I'd still be pissed.

Something similar happened to my first Beetle.  It went in for its first earl change (a car doesn't have to be "broken" to go on a lift), and the earl change kid raised the car on the pseudo running boards (rocker panels) and crushed the right side.  This was summer, '98, so the Beetle was all the rage at that point.  Everybody wanted one.

The dealership traded me out of it and into a blue one... which was the biggest POS I've ever owned.  Who knows what would have happened if this kid knew what he was doing and hadn't damaged my car.
<_<

[post="50286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Were you dating a guy named Earl at the time?

o'blu, you sound like my grandmother. She always told me never to leave milk out of the fridge, or else it'll spurl. I'd be pissed, no doubt. I'm not materialistic, but I put a lot of effot into keeping my cars looking pristine. As long as water can flow through a garden hose and there's no precipitation, I'm out there washing it every weekend, even if it means numb fingers in the middle of January. I usually park in the last row of parking spots so some idiot doesn't ding me. If someone drops it off a lift, I know from experience that even if it's fixed with no cost to me, it's never the same as before the incident. That would bother me for the rest of the time I owned the car.

Before I read your post Ocnblu I was JUST about to say: what if it's just an oil change, tire rotation or a tranny flush you go in for? Car was not broken when it went in. I don't knoiw about this blue Beetle but Earl Gray Tea is no substitute for 10W40. :P

I've seen Cavalier roll off and be totaled right there. Dealership had a new guy... The customer actually watched it happen..as did I. The guy standing next to us says,"Well, now you could sue." As if by magic, the service was heading back there himself, ansd he turned white as a ghost. The nice thing was that the dealership was really cool about it. Thet let him pick a car off the lot to take home. Man, was he happy about that. He drove in with a Cavalier, and drove out with a S-10 Extreme.... :)

How worthless of cars do you people drive that you would be happy with the shop wrecking it and collecting insurance money?

[post="50197"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've got a '93 Civic in the muy macho shade Honda like to call "Camellia Red Metallic". I'd not be thrilled if a shop wrecked it, but I'd still majorly stick it to them on the insurance.

I couldn't get a Solstice, but I could get a used Miata. Edited by tmp