If Chevy makes the Camaro?

This is almost like asking "If Pontiac makes the Fiero and they make the Formula... Do you think there will be a G6 Formula or Solstice Formula?" Except... The Fiero will never be made as long as GM works the way they are now. So, who's up for Pontiac being bought off of GM? I know I am and have been for a while. Sad, isn't it? Damn, GM annoys me so much sometimes... Edited by blackviper8891

As someone who's unfamilar with the Camaro/Chevy Z-numbering thing, help me out. Is/was "Z(28/71/etc.)" relative to the engine size in any way?

[post="5298"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'll give you two facts and let ya figure that one out yourself...

The Z/28 has ALWAYS had a V8.
The Z24 ALWAYS had a I4 (right?)

There's no way that 4 digits could mean engine size, unless you're going by number of cylinders. However, if that's the case, Z06 and Z71 make no sense.

It's going to be FWD with a 4 cylinder just like my lowly Cavalier... Oh, and the 4-speed Hydramatic is the only available transmission option. :alcoholic: Oops... Sixty8 is now going to kill me... :ph34r: :lol: Of course not. A Camaro is not a Camaro without a V8 and RWD. Edited by ToniCipriani

Why did they make a Z34?, in a way Z26 makes sense to the line-up at that time, no matter wat engine it had because of the other two Z2 (4,8) cars

[post="5314"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Read: Lumina. It had the 3.4L DOHC V6.

Here's the Z lineup in the mid 90's:

Cavalier Z24
Beretta Z26
Camaro Z28
Lumina / Monte Carlo Z34

And don't forget the unofficial dealer rice: Cavalier Z22

I think it's historically that the Camaro gets Z28. That's what the package RPO code was. I could be wrong, so correct me. For Z26, I don't know. Originally the sport package of Beretta was supposed to be called GTZ, where the Corsica got LTZ. It only started to appear 1994 or 5. Both of them got the 3.1L V6, so I guess it didn't make sense to call them both Z31. Oh, and I missed a few. Add Z71 to all the trucks.

Z28 was the official option code for the Camaro, and it became the model name. Z71 is an option code as well. I am not certain if Z24, Z26, or Z34 are actual option codes. They also have Z66 stickers on Avalanches, a suspension option code. Anyone can check the option label inside their car to see which codes your vehicle has.

Z28 was the official option code for the Camaro, and it became the model name.  Z71 is an option code as well.  I am not certain if Z24, Z26, or Z34 are actual option codes.  They also have Z66 stickers on Avalanches, a suspension option code.  Anyone can check the option label inside their car to see which codes your vehicle has.

[post="5448"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yep, those are all option codes.

Z/28 was a performance package option code. It sounded so good they labeled the car its as a Camaro Z/28. And the rest is history.

If I remember correctly Z71 is an offroad suspension package. Which makes the Z66 follow in the same line of thought.

I've been thinking for a minute that there should be a turbocharged Aveo Z16 or something like that. Sounds better than Aveo SS, which, let's face it, the SS moniker is simply silly on cars that small....