I'm slow....

daves87rs

And I'm talking about internet, thank you... :neenerneener:

I'm asking a sad question here....any ideas how to speed up dial up?

Vista seems to get worst internet issue every day....When I had XP, my dial up was pretty fast for what it was...

Some pages take a long while...including C&G.....

Before everyone screams UPGRADE!, I only get two choices where I live (Others have "disappeared"), and to go fast, it cost THREE times more....which is retarded, I and refuse to do, until I move.......

I do WiFi a bit, but laptop is down for a while getting "fixed".....

So slow.....painfulllyyyy slloowwww....

Sadly, there isn't much you can do to speed up a dial-up internet connection. Dial-up accelerators, I've found, are a j-o-k-e, joke.

Is there a package deal you can do with your local phone company to get satellite TV, broadband/dsl, and a landline all for one price?

Edited by whiteknight

Sadly, there isn't much you can do to speed up a dial-up internet connection. Dial-up accelerators, I've found, are a j-o-k-e, joke.

Is there a package deal you can do with your local phone company to get satellite TV, broadband/dsl, and a landline all for one price?

I could.....but then it starts to get really pricey....plus, I don't watch TV much. Decent deal on the LL....

I think most of the problem could be the local outdated phone system....this place is old..

Once I move and get more choices, I should be fine. Right now it sucks though...

Once I went with cable, I never looked back at all fondly on dial-up, so I can understand your frustration, uncle davey. I pay $67/month for internet and TV on one bill from Comcast.

WOW!! I pay $150/month for internet and TV. No landline and still have a $150 cell bill. hissyfit.gif

Wow I can't believe people still have dialup! I can't even tell you how dependent I am on a fast Internet connection.

Add the fact that I still have Vista, i\and it goes real slow....makes me want to cry!

How is your mobile signal out there?

So So....though I am considering....

I am running Vista and don't have any speed issues. I have had cable modems since the early 90's. Then you used a dial up to connect and uploads went over the slow phone lines and the downloads came over the cable modem.

You could do a search for "speed tweaks vista" and it gets a lot of hits. I can't say if they will help but it could be a start.

I am running Vista and don't have any speed issues. I have had cable modems since the early 90's. Then you used a dial up to connect and uploads went over the slow phone lines and the downloads came over the cable modem.

You could do a search for "speed tweaks vista" and it gets a lot of hits. I can't say if they will help but it could be a start.

Thanks! I'll take a look into that.