CNN... WTF?

BuddyP

I'm setting here watching the CNN this morning and they have a small segment on NAIAS. They start talking about the Camaro and show video of it while on the bottom of the screen in big letters reads "CHRYSTLER INTRODUCES CONCEPT CAMARO".... If this is how accurate they are, I wonder how true most of the news is from them????

Edited by BuddyP

News Flash:

Lexus introduces amazing new "Enclave" SUV.

Man that would be sweet. I don't want Toyota to go bankrupt... they can have 0.49% fo the NA car market.... that's alright by me.

.... If this is how accurate they are, I wonder how true most of the news is from them????

You don't really have to WONDER...there's a reason why I stopped being able to even remotely tolerate the CNN/MSNBC/ABC/NBC/CBS bull $h! years ago :AH-HA_wink:

That being said, what annoyed me more than anything so far with the news coverage of NAIAS is how they're completely brushing over showing any of the cars themselves in detail, in favor of the "Domestic automakers going down the tubes?" line. Yeah, I saw the Camaro, Enclave, and even the Edge for a second, but the ONLY car I ever heard any of them give more than 5 secs was the new Chinese MB-Xerox...a.k.a. Geely.. ^_^

Edited by caddycruiser

I'm assuming that if "Chrysler" was misspelled as it is in the first post, that this was more of an intern working to fast, not double checking everything type of thing, not some vast conspiracy to bring down GM. Keep in mind, nobody is perfect, not even the people who get the news, or the people who fact check the news or the people who proofread the news or the person who types it in so it shows up on the little scrolling thing on bottom.

All I have to say is...

Posted Image

...also from CNN.

That's not funny one bit... Wow!

Sorry, I spelled chrysler wrong above. I need to proof read better LOL. Anyway, CNN brought up the Camaro an hour later and noted GM and Chevy that time. At least they corrected themselves. But that was pretty much the only vehicle they focused on.

When I was at press days at the 2005 New York Auto Show I set up my laptop in the Media Center. For those that do not know how these things work, they open a big room, give you power and internet connection and squeeze as many members of the press as possible in here.

I was sitting next to the burgeoning Forbes Auto and AP, and this is how I saw it:

Those that cover these things for the big "news" outlets have no clue about cars. I watched as one woman (about 45-50 years old) being sent out to press conferences and coming back with slightly wrong info about cars she had no clue about (proabably covered the local school board meeting the next day). The guy that was the "head-honcho" for this operation was asking basic questions about the debuts that no one around him could anser, but anyone from this board could in their sleep. I almost said something when wrong info was being disseminated, but I was so disgusted over what I was seeing, I said screw it!

People that have no clue about this industry are the ones that cover the industry for the general press.

it was the same in detroit Walt.

Cnn was in front of us ;)

But for the website. Cnn/Money

And they knew what they were talking about just thought they had the wrong coverage angles. Didn't know about the camaro coming out until the day of.

Glad to be home. What did you guys think of the coverage?

Honestly I am now turning around to GM products. I always liked ford since I've owned 3 and never had one problem (and dig the new mustang).

But the Tahoe. Let me just say those center stack buttons are awesome. it might sound stupid to say but they make the car. It's REALLY like a european car now, not like the cadillacs etc of the past. If they can do that with EVERY vehicle they're gonna be in good shape.

PLus the Enclave and Camaro concepts were so solid it was crazy. They looked ready for production. nothing looked fake. unlike the lincoln MKS.

Overall the show was the busiest I've been to. And had the best line-up of production ready, important vehicles.

I see the VW Eos, Tahoe, Cayman, Santa Fe, Edge, CX-7 and Fit selling a ton.

I like the fit interior a bit better than the new Civic's. bo9th are nice though.

And the RDX looks better in person.

ok back to work.

CNN and the major networks always "report" doom and gloom on the us auto industry but when it comes to the asian makes its all roses, look at the ridgeline winning the truck of the year. The asian vehicles are perfect and enviromentally friendly fuel sippers that never get recalled.

They see domestic vehicles as inferior, polluting, gas guzzlers made by corrupt incompetent companies; and thats the angle they report from. Oh and they build evil SUV's. They talk about the GM/Ford job cuts with a friggin smile.

I was watching the PBS evening news show Monday night and there was no mention of the Camaro concept or Challenger in their autoshow coverage--they spent quite a bit of time talking about the Geely...also Malcom Bricklin and his 'Visonary Vehicles' nonsense, Chery, and also Hyundai and Kia...

Edited by moltar

That pisses me of to no end that the Honda(I'll use the new catchphrase here too)"Fridgeline" won truck of the year! What a P.O.S.! Ooohh it has storage under the bed...hey what do you say we vote this as the truck of the year. Brilliant! Not! What about style and design? It doesn't need it. Why? Shhh cause its Japanese, that makes it automatically superior to anything on the road currently. Oh and don't forget the Civic with its miles of plastic and dashboard that is so busy that it makes your eyes cross looking at it. But its ok its Japanese, they don't need proper ergnomics. But the american cars do or else damn them to hell for having a button out of place!! All right I'm done...whewww I feel better...breathe in breathe out. Later!

I was checking out the "Fridge" at NAIAS today... Wow... $32k with decent options???!!! Kinda pricy if you ask me! Give me a 2WD Avalanche for a couple thousand more. Or a decently decked out Trailblazer with more HP and towing capacity (and more room and 4x4) for the same amount. There is no better deal $$$$ wise for the ridgeline. Cheap interior, cheap looking "truck". There is some neat features and little design details but that's where it stops. Not impressed at all considering the price!